Brilliant Wonders 1.5 LED removal

Planenuts

Aug 2, 2020
Montreal Canada
Good Day all.

My fiberglass pool has a Brilliant Wonders 1.5 LED light installed that I want to remove for the winter, it is at approximately 30 inches below the water level, so draining down to that level is far from being practical. So my main question is: is there an issue remove it under water? (manufacture says to drain below light level) I should have enough wire to pull it out of the water to disconnect the connector. Second question is regarding the O-Rings, are they under the lens? because according to the O-ring replacement instructions (attached) they are on the back end however pictures on internet don't seem to show the O-rings located there. Finally if those O-rings are really under the lens that that mean that the Niche/pipe that the wire runs through would in fact be full of water at all time?

Attachments

• oring location.png
    oring location.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 7
We've only installed a handful of these CMP lights and when we have, we've installed without the "extra" coil of cord so you won't have enough cord to pull out of the water. Even if you had enough cord, the conduit will completely fill with water if you don't drain down. Since you're pulling the light to winterize the pool, it would make sense to take the extra steps to ensure the conduit doesn't have water inside it that can freeze and cause damage.

Thank-you For the answer, I do have a coil so lots of room to pull it out. What seals the water out? Is it really those O-rings as in the initial post? Which I don’t believe exist in a standard install, I would put money that the conduit is full of water I have attached pictures of the out side if it helps41112AC9-6142-4583-BD77-3EA91336100D.jpegBE5ABC93-76F1-4299-BC88-5EFD8CADDBE2.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll be completely honest in that I don't remember how that seal is setup. It's been that long since we've installed them. Your pictures are an interesting setup, for sure. We hard pipe (conduit) all of our lights, regardless of voltage. Not saying this is the only way to do things though.

About two years.. Have three total. Water is in the conduit behind the light housing itself. Not behind the lens on the electronics obviously, that's all sealed. No issues at all, they've been solid for us. See my other thread here for the only 'issue' I've had. There's a pic of it. Thread here

My Led light is now hanging in the bottom of the pool for the winter and found out that I don't have as much extra wire as I expected/hoped to keep the wire up and out of the water, I see that C-M-P has a cap that you can install, I have done all the stores in my area and no one is able to get it, all their distributors do not offer it. I found one website in the US that stocks it but does not ship to Canada. Does anyone on this great forum in Canada, have good enough connections with C-M-P or one of their distributors to help me get the part. Part number is 25500-100-015 and below is a link to the part.

Link to part on C-M-P

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.