LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2013
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm having a problem with a breaker tripping when the pumps start up. Here's a video of what's happening. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Oh it's worth noting, the pool in my signature is not the pool in this video. I am building a new house and am living in a rental owned by a friend until we finish.

For now we turned everything but the pumps off on the controller and are running it manually and it's working. Tomorrow we're going to clean out the large filter (which is showing "dirty") and see if that's the issue.

It's been a while since this was diagnosed but thought I'd chime in with the fix. Turns out the UV was wired up incorrectly many years ago and finally started shorting out. Got that rewired and all is fine again.

Reactions: Mdragger88
It's been a while since this was diagnosed but thought I'd chime in with the fix. Turns out the UV was wired up incorrectly many years ago and finally started shorting out. Got that rewired and all is fine again.
Glad it’s fixed!
Since uv is pretty useless in an outdoor pool it could just be removed all together- but I realize that it’s not your house & probably not your decision to make.

Reactions: borjis
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.