Brand new pool. No chemicals for 6 weeks?

Youfah Mizzum

Sep 7, 2020
Sydney Australia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
So I am getting a new pool built (Sydney, Australia) concrete with a pebblecrete type surface - its actually glass beads called Jewels 4 Pools. And SWG.
Is this what American's call plaster?

I had cause to ring my local pool shop today and explained I was having a pool built right now. He said don't put any chemicals in the pool for the first 6 weeks. This somehow helps to settle it in, whatever that means! Don't run the chorinator, don't add chlorine, don't add salt. He says that it'll cause the pool to stain.
This is the first I've heard of that.

Anyone else vouch for this idea?

omg
your pool will be green in that time and then they will sell you a million dollars worth of chemicals that will damage your new pool
i believe that what usa calls plaster is the same as what we have in aus
check out new pool start up
but you will need to stick to your pool builders startup to meet warranty conditions

Reactions: Mdragger88
To reply to my own thread, I've done more googling and research and can see now what he means. Even here on TFP I found this link which I think basically covers my question

My pool builder is well recommended and experienced so I'll follow his advice but at least I understand now what the bloke at the shop was talking about.

Thanks aussieta. I recognise your username from Whirlpool.
I know this sounds wierd but when I search for sequestrant in a few pool supply shops, nothing comes up. No doubt my builder has all this under control but I just like to know the background of whats going on. Should I be looking for things like this?

And I have also found this:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.