Bought house with pool, now I need school!

DoePooled

Jun 20, 2021
Mineola, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all! My hubby and I bought a house with a pool in April. This is our first time owning a pool, and we are almost completely lost!. I say almost because we started with no pool knowledge and have learned a little bit along the way, but have a WHOLE lot more to learn! LOL Looking forward to some good advice, guidance, and a whole lot of encouragement here. Thank you!! =D

Howdy DoePooled..... the first bit of learnin' I'm gonna give you is to get a proper test kit. No guess strips please. A kit that gives you all the readings you need when you're poolside. No pool store test results can ever match in accuracy to a good test kit.

Either the Taylor K2006C which can be found online or The TF-100 (a better buy) from www.tftestkits.net
You need to be able to test with reagent drop tests these-
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt if applicable

Lesson One done.... Time for Recess!! :swim: :snorkle::paddle:

Maddie ✌️

• Love
Reactions: DoePooled
Howdy DoePooled..... the first bit of learnin' I'm gonna give you is to get a proper test kit. No guess strips please. A kit that gives you all the readings you need when you're poolside. No pool store test results can ever match in accuracy to a good test kit.

Either the Taylor K2006C which can be found online or The TF-100 (a better buy) from www.tftestkits.net
You need to be able to test with reagent drop tests these-
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt if applicable

Lesson One done.... Time for Recess!! :swim: :snorkle::paddle:

Maddie ✌️
Thanks for your feedback! We are planning to order a test kit.

I put up a post I worked on for over an hour last night, and now it's no where to be seen. I think the site was having some errors. I'll try to post again in the just getting started forum soon.