Bought 3 pentair actuators

I believe that the S-263045 is for solar and has a drain down when off.

Edit. I was thinking about the valve and not the actuator, but when I did a search for S-263045, it came up with a link to a solar actuator. But.. as far as I know there is no difference between a solar actuator and a standard actuator. :scratch:

So to directly answer your question, I have no clue what the difference is... :mrgreen:

Jim R.

Last edited:
So, whats the difference between a "Shasta" actuator and a non Shasta actuator?
View attachment 513869
There's not supposed to be any difference. Never noticed one on the actuators I have used. Solar drain-down is accomplished by the solar valve itself, not the actuator, if it is a Pentair Solar valve. They come with the diverter below and that "hole" is actually a small check valve in the diverter.
Compool-3-Way-Diverter-Assembly-Replacement

Reactions: Jimrahbe

I believe that the S-263045 is for solar and has a drain down when off.

Edit. I was thinking about the valve and not the actuator, but when I did a search for S-263045, it came up with a link to a solar actuator. But.. as far as I know there is no difference between a solar actuator and a standard actuator. :scratch:

So to directly answer your question, I have no clue what the difference is... :mrgreen:

Jim R.
Well, I can't find a thing but as luck would have it I installed the actuator on a solar drain down valve exactly as pictured in 1poolman1's post, so we'll see. :unsure:☑️

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.