Putting Valve in Manual Mode

Yorker

Silver Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cathedral City, CA
We have guests this weekend and need the spa to be working. Unfortunately that Pentair Actuators has gone out so I’ve switched it so I can set the valve in Manual Mode (for spa use), until we get a new actuator.

1 - In case we get rain this weekend, is it ok to leave the valve exposed like this until the new actuator arrives?

2 - I have suspended our regularly scheduled Pool Mode filtering until our guests leave and scheduled our pool filtering to come on after midnight.

Anything else I should be thinking about?

Thanks!
York

Attachments

• IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 10
You don't have the shorter screws? You can activate the valve manually with no power to the JVA.

5.3 Manual Override, Power Off1. Move toggle switch located on the bottom ofactuator to the OFF (center) position.2. Unscrew (counterclockwise) the locking knobabove the handle four (4) full turns.3. Push down on the locking knob (not thehandle). This will disengage the gear train andallow the handle, and thus the valve diverter, tobe moved to any position.4. To return the actuator to automatic position, pullup on the handle while turning it clockwise orcounterclockwise until you feel the shaft slideup into the gear train. Turn the locking knobdown (clockwise) until snug.5. Put toggle switch back to the original position.

You don't have the shorter screws? You can activate the valve manually with no power to the JVA.

Hey PoolGate! Thanks for your reply. There are other issues with our actuator. At this point, this will have to do. I'm more concerned about issues with how I've got it now.

My concern about rain just happened. I had not yet protected the open actuator so a few drops hit it before I could get it bagged up to protect that but I'm replacing that anyway. What should I do to electrically protect what the actuator plugs into?