Bonding issue

Anything connected to the motor uses terminal ends.

Edit: so you are saying the wiring is only for testing and three electricians that install pools here all don’t know that?

I’m not saying you’re wrong I just find that disturbing

Sometimes a new pump with different design and maybe different impeller improves things and is a reason to put in a new pump instead of trying to repair just the motor.

Glad it all worked out.

T
Sometimes a new pump with different design and maybe different impeller improves things and is a reason to put in a new pump instead of trying to repair just the motor.

Glad it all worked out.

Thanks.
I swear I just felt it again.

Wife and electrician say I’m nuts.

Here’s a CRAZY question.

If I were to set a multi meter to 200m DC (yes DC) and received a reading of 178 by touching the black to the bond on the skimmer and the red in the skimmer water, does that mean anything other than I’m crazy and need to leave electrical stuff alone?

If I were to set a multi meter to 200m DC (yes DC) and received a reading of 178 by touching the black to the bond on the skimmer and the red in the skimmer water, does that mean anything other than I’m crazy and need to leave electrical stuff alone?

Put the multimeter down and slowly walk away from electrical stuff and enjoy the weekend.

The above would just show the hot wire connected to ground has power. That is normal.

For a tingle there has to be a voltage differential between the water and ground.

And just a reminder there is ZERO tingling (actually more of a burn) in front of the skimmer. Just IN it.

Where are you standing with your hand in the skimmer enjoying the tingle?

Your body would be acting as the conductor. If you want to measure you look for voltage between where your hand is and where your feet are. Don't measure to any of the pump wires.

It only does it when I am in the pool.

Nothing standing outside the pool.

I’ve removed the bonding wire and scrubbed it and the connection clean.

Electrician drove a ground stake in the ground I guess to look for any stray voltage.

Who knows. I’m nuts.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow on high this is much quieter than the old one. On low it is really quiet.

Pump installed. Fresh cut. No tingle. Forgot last year it was tripping the breaker.

Had the store bench test it and they said pump was fine.

Got it back and installed and never tripped breaker again.

Leads me to think it was corrosion due to the bad seals.

Did you actually cut your self to test for a "tingle"??!?!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.