They came back this morning and did some more work. There's less pointy bits sticking up now. I did find some roots sticking into the cage that I am going to lop off, but they should have done that.

What's really bothering me is I still don't know when the plumbers are getting out here. Hopefully early next week.
IMG_5418.JPGIMG_5419.JPGIMG_5420.JPGIMG_5421.JPGIMG_5422.JPG

One thing you can do is walk VERY carefully in there and push all of the wire ties down so there is NO chance of them poking through the shell and causing rust on the plaster.

I would run down to Lowes and grab some rebar caps.

Kim:kim:

One thing you can do is walk VERY carefully in there and push all of the wire ties down so there is NO chance of them poking through the shell and causing rust on the plaster.

I would run down to Lowes and grab some rebar caps.

Kim:kim:

Buy the rebar caps and put them on ... then work on the wire ties.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m too big and clumsy oaf-ish to try. I’d trip on the second or third square and the whole thing would come down like a house of cards. Here’s hoping you’re more nimble than me Foo

Maddie I bet if they had seen the pictures of rust stains on brand new plaster they would understand our concerns. The next best thing would be to point them out to the pb and see if he will have someone work on it.

Why are those upright pieces of rebar even there ? I had seen this on another build as well. It sure looks like they will be bending them over so they go into the slab. I always thought the slab and pool beam were supposed to be separate so if the slab moves it does not put pressure on the pool wall.

Maddie I bet if they had seen the pictures of rust stains on brand new plaster they would understand our concerns. The next best thing would be to point them out to the pb and see if he will have someone work on it.

I understand. I also know my limitations and I was not built for catlike precision. If it was my house I’d be making the Mrs do it. She has the fine movement I lack. And her feet are half the size of mine so that would help walking around down there also.

Reactions: kimkats

Technically, I am the PB. I'll walk it again later today and make a determination about calling them back out. It looks pretty good to my untrained eye. The ties at the top will be behind the tile anyway, and the gunite should be at least 3" thick measured from the rebar.

I wear a 14 shoe, I don't think my feet will fit in the square without some kind of awkward footwork.

Why are those upright pieces of rebar even there ? I had seen this on another build as well. It sure looks like they will be bending them over so they go into the slab. I always thought the slab and pool beam were supposed to be separate so if the slab moves it does not put pressure on the pool wall.

I was told they are deck dowels and it's for bonding with the decking and it's code.

I wear a 14 shoe, I don't think my feet will fit in the square without some kind of awkward footwork.

This is exactly what I mean. And it wouldn’t be the first few steps. It would be the 137th. House of cards. Me underneath the pile of rebar somehow. Lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.