BMOP

setsailsoon

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Stuart/FL
Here's an option that may work for you. Many building permit jurisdictions offer a owner builder option that allows you to file the permit, you just need to sign an owner builder waiver form, do it to their requirements and get the same inspection that a licensed installer can charge you to do. Leave the pool with the plumbing "ready for the optional adder" of a auto-fill. Start it up with hoses (you'll end up doing this anyway. And add the auto-fill later. Time to order your test kit if you haven't already done so!

Chris

foo.c

Jul 3, 2018
Georgetown, TX
Yeah I got the test kit.

I think the plaster company has gone from making up excuses to just not returning calls if they don't have good news. It's almost refreshing in a way ... LOL.

foo.c

Jul 3, 2018
Georgetown, TX
I finally got a call back. I was told that the plaster will be done next week, but they didn't know for certain when. I was told they would call me on Tuesday to let me know the day, so that rules Monday and Tuesday.

Hopefully this time next week I'll be worrying about my start up procedures.

Reactions: kimkats

setsailsoon

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Stuart/FL
I finally got a call back. I was told that the plaster will be done next week, but they didn't know for certain when. I was told they would call me on Tuesday to let me know the day, so that rules Monday and Tuesday.

Hopefully this time next week I'll be worrying about my start up procedures.
Foo,

That's great. Hope this is behind you soon and you can focus on enjoying the pool soon! Since you've got your kit you're a step ahead of most.

Chris

Reactions: kimkats

foo.c

Jul 3, 2018
Georgetown, TX
I called and left a message asking for an update, and I actually got a call back. The new story is we get plaster on Saturday or Monday, or at the worst before Thanksgiving (which I specifically asked about since we're going to have family over and it would be cool to show them a finished pool rather than a concrete hole in the ground).

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
What water source are you using to fill your pool?

Don't know if in this long thread you were pointed to these plaster installation articles...

foo.c

Jul 3, 2018
Georgetown, TX
I feel like I won the lottery ... the plumber finally showed up to hook up my autofill, and while he was here the plaster crew came out and started prepping the pool. Two things are being done on the same day! LOL.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
TWO??? On the same day????? Sweeeeeeeet :love:

Now once the water starts flowing into that thing of beauty do NOT stop it! Keep it flowing until it is in the middle of the skimmer.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: foo.c

foo.c

Jul 3, 2018
Georgetown, TX
The plaster crew showed up and fully prepped the pool. Since then they have been beating on a hose with a hammer for an hour while shoving my garden hose in it. I think they let plaster dry in it. Not sure if I should be scared ...

foo.c

Jul 3, 2018
Georgetown, TX
My spanish isn't good enough to follow along. They eventually got it working. Looks pretty good.

This is Hyrazzo Pacifico. They are coming back tomorrow to acid wash and polish it.
IMG_5568.JPG
IMG_5569.JPG