Here's an option that may work for you. Many building permit jurisdictions offer a owner builder option that allows you to file the permit, you just need to sign an owner builder waiver form, do it to their requirements and get the same inspection that a licensed installer can charge you to do. Leave the pool with the plumbing "ready for the optional adder" of a auto-fill. Start it up with hoses (you'll end up doing this anyway. And add the auto-fill later. Time to order your test kit if you haven't already done so!

Chris

I finally got a call back. I was told that the plaster will be done next week, but they didn't know for certain when. I was told they would call me on Tuesday to let me know the day, so that rules Monday and Tuesday.

Hopefully this time next week I'll be worrying about my start up procedures.

Reactions: kimkats
I finally got a call back. I was told that the plaster will be done next week, but they didn't know for certain when. I was told they would call me on Tuesday to let me know the day, so that rules Monday and Tuesday.

Hopefully this time next week I'll be worrying about my start up procedures.
Foo,

That's great. Hope this is behind you soon and you can focus on enjoying the pool soon! Since you've got your kit you're a step ahead of most.

Chris

Reactions: kimkats
I called and left a message asking for an update, and I actually got a call back. The new story is we get plaster on Saturday or Monday, or at the worst before Thanksgiving (which I specifically asked about since we're going to have family over and it would be cool to show them a finished pool rather than a concrete hole in the ground).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What water source are you using to fill your pool?

Don't know if in this long thread you were pointed to these plaster installation articles...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.