Blue Haven Experiences?

Our pool was built by BH back in 2007/2008. For the most part, I would say it's a quality build. They did use all Hayward components so take that for what it's worth. We bought the house w/ the pool already installed, so not sure if there were any issues during the build or not.

Also, I am not sure if they are a corporate builder or if they are franchise type set-up. It's kinda like a house build...sure it could be marketed as a D.R. Horton, Toll Brothers, or some other large builder but all the houses are built under different business entities and different crews so the build quality can be different from region to region. I would guess that's the same with BH.

Reactions: Vukota12
What equipment would be better then Hayward? When I get home I have to check my other quotes and check equipment.

I won't get into the specifics since I don't have much experience outside Hayward, but others will chime in on their thoughts. I also understand the BH loves to sell "add on extras" like ionization devices that are all but useless with an outdoor pool.

Our pool was constructed by BH in April of this year. Our experience working with them was positive overall, although we did fire the first pool construction manager! I'll echo as well what @HeyEng and @Sparks22 stated - they will push to sell you extra pool sanitation devices which are useless in a residential environment (ozone, pool tiger). See my signature for the Hayward products that were included in our build. Good luck!

Our pool was constructed by BH in April of this year. Our experience working with them was positive overall, although we did fire the first pool construction manager! I'll echo as well what @HeyEng and @Sparks22 stated - they will push to sell you extra pool sanitation devices which are useless in a residential environment (ozone, pool tiger). See my signature for the Hayward products that were included in our build. Good luck!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Salesman didn’t push any products on me in fact the quote doesn’t really spell out what equipment will be used compared to the A&S quote. I will send a pic in a DM of the quote If anyone wants to see it.

Good to hear. Yes, that was our experience as well. I am grateful the system came with the ProLogic controller. Added a SWG for minimal cost vs a stand-alone unit. A definite benefit of purchasing/installing equipment with the builder is the extended warranty you receive on equipment ( SWG - 3 year).

If you are going to get bids it would be good to be clear as to what equipment you want and ensure they specify make and model in each bid otherwise they are free to install anything they want as long as it meets the general description. Also the more you can give them the specifics, the more apples to apples the bids will be.

• Love
If you are going to get bids it would be good to be clear as to what equipment you want and ensure they specify make and model in each bid otherwise they are free to install anything they want as long as it meets the general description. Also the more you can give them the specifics, the more apples to apples the bids will be.
This x1000. Get SPECIFICS when it comes to the equipment...not descriptions like "Single Speed Pump" and "Pressure Cleaner"...that is a recipe for disappointment and anguish. Would you do that when go and buy a car? $55,000 bid for "TOYOTA INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE; 1 EA"...yeah, I didn't think so....and the pool will cost as much (and probably more) than a new car.

This x1000. Get SPECIFICS when it comes to the equipment...not descriptions like "Single Speed Pump" and "Pressure Cleaner"...that is a recipe for disappointment and anguish. Would you do that when go and buy a car? $55,000 bid for "TOYOTA INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE; 1 EA"...yeah, I didn't think so....and the pool will cost as much (and probably more) than a new car.
Thank you!

Reactions: HeyEng
Thank you!
I adtually had a neighbor that got the generic equipment specs on his contract. I reviewed it for him and specifically Told to him not to sign unless the specific equipment are listed. He said, “it’s all fine. He says It’s all top notch stuff”. Didn’t head my advice. Later I looked at his equipment after everything was done. It was literally the cheapest item, all different, off brand stuff. The heater was not only undersized but didn’t even have electronic ignition! A $350 salt cell that was already discontinued and parts aren’t Even available for anymore. Literally just cleaned his warehouse out of stuff he could never sell and used them on the pool. Although him and the builder eventually had words (on the pool sinking on one side) he still hasn’t figured out he got screwed on the Equipment too.

• Wow
So you have a SWG and an In-line Chlorinator? I thought you only needed one or the other? That said, I am new -- and just looking to have BH put in a pool. Perhaps you can educate me? :)

My Blue Haven pool was installed by them in 1996 and I would say it was a quality build. We have not had any major problems with the pool and the actuators and plumbing are all original. We removed the ozonator several years ago because replacement parts were not available. We re-plastered this past March, not because of their work, but because of the failure of a check valve during the Texas freeze which caused the spa to drain and the caused the plaster to get brittle because of the jets "shooting" water at the spa walls.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.