Bleach

Selenap

May 28, 2021
Waynesville, NC
Dollar General bleach is like $4.50 or so but it has 7.19% usuable bleach according to the bottle. My grocery store bleach doesn’t tell Me the percentage but it’s $2.38 a gallon. These are a true full gallon too. The bleach calculator on the app isn’t working on my phone so I have no B idea which is the better deal.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
If that Dollar General bleach truly is 7% make sure the manufacturer date is less than 3 months old. Some dollar type stores sell weak, old bleach. Also, make sure that it has NO Additives like thickeners, scents, special fabric gimmicks and is instead just plain bleach. Use testing to determine if it really is that strength.

If the jug doesn't list the strength- walk away!!

Have you checked Lowes or Home Depot also to compare price?

Selenap

May 28, 2021
Waynesville, NC
I was wrong in the price. $2.95 for dg bleach. We have a Lowe’s. It’s 50 miles to a Home Depot. In any case the area I live in is running out of bleach Nevis everyone that bought pools last year used up all the pool specific stuff and not are getting whatever they can. I might just go ahead and order a case of cal hypo 73% and use that instead. I got plenty of wiggle room for calcium.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.