Selenap

May 28, 2021
Waynesville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Dollar General bleach is like $4.50 or so but it has 7.19% usuable bleach according to the bottle. My grocery store bleach doesn’t tell Me the percentage but it’s $2.38 a gallon. These are a true full gallon too. The bleach calculator on the app isn’t working on my phone so I have no B idea which is the better deal.

If that Dollar General bleach truly is 7% make sure the manufacturer date is less than 3 months old. Some dollar type stores sell weak, old bleach. Also, make sure that it has NO Additives like thickeners, scents, special fabric gimmicks and is instead just plain bleach. Use testing to determine if it really is that strength.

If the jug doesn't list the strength- walk away!!

Have you checked Lowes or Home Depot also to compare price?

I was wrong in the price. $2.95 for dg bleach. We have a Lowe’s. It’s 50 miles to a Home Depot. In any case the area I live in is running out of bleach Nevis everyone that bought pools last year used up all the pool specific stuff and not are getting whatever they can. I might just go ahead and order a case of cal hypo 73% and use that instead. I got plenty of wiggle room for calcium.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.