Bleach prices 2013

Just bought 12 gallons of Austin's Pool Tech Shock at Ocean State Job Lot at $2.99 a gallon. Works out to be $0.187 per active oz. Got three cases of 4 one gallon jugs. Boxes had a date of 06/25/13 stamped on them.

Code stamped on Jug
EPA EST 1672-MA
1309(1)1317628MA-1

I believe that 13176 (in red font above) is the date code, 176th day of 2013 which is June 25. This jives with what's stamped on the box

I live in oklahoma and we have a grocery store chain called Homeland. Don't know if they are nation wide or not , but their store brand bleach went on sale today for $1.99 for a 121oz jug of 8%. I picked up 6 jugs. I can't find bleach anywhere for less than $2.00. The sale is on until the 16th if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the headsup paigekorn! I have a Homeland store 10 miles away and my sister has worked their for 30 years. I have not really considered Homeland for bleach I have been buying Great Value 8.25% from Walmarts. I put her on point to let me know when Homeland has a sale on 8% bleach.

paigekorn said:
I live in oklahoma and we have a grocery store chain called Homeland. Don't know if they are nation wide or not , but their store brand bleach went on sale today for $1.99 for a 121oz jug of 8%. I picked up 6 jugs. I can't find bleach anywhere for less than $2.00. The sale is on until the 16th if anyone is interested.

Thanks! I'm down to my last 4 bottles from the Ace Memorial Day.

amanda said:
walmart great value bleach $6 for a box of 3 96oz. jugs.
the boxes go very quickly.. I am assuming more people are becoming aware of bbb!
6/3/(96*0.06) = $0.35/oz ...that is not a great price. Have you looked around for 10 or 12.5% liquid chlorine? Often big box home improvement stores have it and so do some hardware stores (and of course pool stores).

I keep going back to my $6.46 for two gallons of 10% at WM. It comes out to an easy $0.252/oz and it's dead simple. I know I can get 12% if I hunt but the savings are offset by the cost of gas to go get it. I would need to drive past the WM to go get it... and drive past it on my way home.

HD is $6.86 for the same, $0.268/oz

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am tired they have Best Choice 8.25% 121oz jug on sale @ 1.99 per jug. I had her order me 20 jugs. This is kinda funny I went by the store Thursday evening to pick some up and all they had on the shelf Fresh linen......

Stump said:
I am tired they have Best Choice 8.25% 121oz jug on sale @ 1.99 per jug. I had her order me 20 jugs. This is kinda funny I went by the store Thursday evening to pick some up and all they had on the shelf Fresh linen......
:lol:

so 1.99/(121*0.0825)= $0.20/oz NAClO not bad...but not less than 2 cents/oz :)

Okay what am I missing here..... I figured 1.99/121= 0.01644628099 Why do we need to factor in bleach percent. I seen Daniel`s LCC and understand it calculates $0.199 I want to learn and not be a goober noob hehehe.

The $0.199 (I rounded to 0.20) is how much each ounce of Sodium Hypochlorite (the active sanitizing ingredient) costs. This allows us to compare costs across different concentrations of bleach/liquid chlorine...the rest is basically water, and nobody is paying for the water.

Well my Big Sister just dropped off my 20 121oz jugs of 8.25% bleach. This has been win/win for me she used her store discount each jug $1.59 which is .16 cents an oz and delivered to my door which kept me from driving 30 miles round trip wahoo.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.