Bleach prices 2013

Depends on the type of "dry" ... You can use the poolcalulator.com to determine the FC ppm rise the product would give. Then take the $/#ppm. You can do the same with the various bleach strengths.

Nearly always the liquid is cheaper.

Jules said:
brg88tx said:
just picked up a 3 pack box of walmart great value bleach 8.25% (3X121oz) for $6.00. it's usually $7.98 so I don't know if this bleach is older or what.

I was just coming to post this.

well, went back to buy some more 3 pack boxes of great value bleach and the manager said it was a one time thing and there is no more :x
now gotta shell out $3 per bottle....gonna shop around.

Leslie's pool supplies commercial office. I was told I could go there and buy for myself, but I do run a pool at an apartment complex... so not sure if they would accept just anyone... But I told them I can get 2x1 gal 10% from lowes for $6.86 so they told me I could have 2x1gal 12.75% for $6.50 so that's like $0.20
Andrew

I'm buying 12.5% for $2.50 a gallon at fleet farm. Labeled as Online Pool Shocker. Southern Minnesota.

No manufacture date, but does have a Best By date... 5/7/14. I'm guessing they give a one yr shelf life. So...not old at all. I bought and used same product last summer with good results.

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The marginal price on Cal-Hypo at leslies is pretty low when you buy the 100 lb bucket (the first 25 lbs isn't a good deal, but the next 75 is like $1/lb).
Does anyone here actually buy liquid chlorine as in cylinders of Cl2? How hard is it to handle, how much does a reasonable addition system cost, etc? How about a 200-350 gallon tote of bleach? like this

Agmike said:
How about a 200-350 gallon tote of bleach? like this
Typically the higher percentage of Sodium Hypochlorite, the shorter the shelf life. I like to use 12.5% up in 1-2 months (and you must keep it cool and out of the sun). You would need an awfully large pool to need that much bleach in 2 months. :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Agmike said:
The marginal price on Cal-Hypo at leslies is pretty low when you buy the 100 lb bucket (the first 25 lbs isn't a good deal, but the next 75 is like $1/lb).
Does anyone here actually buy liquid chlorine as in cylinders of Cl2? How hard is it to handle, how much does a reasonable addition system cost, etc? How about a 200-350 gallon tote of bleach? like this

They will not sell you the 75# without the first 25# so you must look at the total. And if it is 60% Cl then do the math for the cost per oz. Also for every 10 ppm FC, it increases Calcium Hardness (CH) by about 7 ppm. So unless you need to raise your CH you will have to watch and deal with that.

Wow that tote is a lot of CL. but at over $1000 it is a big bite of your wallet at one time. And the cost per oz of CL at 12.5% is not much off from some of the others listed on TFP thread.

Agmike said:

There is a TFP board thread on liquid chlorinaters you might have a look at that.
And for handling well a gal of bleach weighs about 8.3# so that 250 gal. tote is going to be around 2,075# plus the empty tote maybe another 30# so over 2,100 pounds. ... oh my back!!

I just got a notification from my local Naamco which is going out of business. They have one gallon 12.5% Liquid Shock for $2.99 each. This is comparable to what I was paying last year for a 5 gallon container minus the 5 gallon deposit.

Anyone in the pacific northwest have a good source(s) for bleach/liquid CL?

The grocery stores, home stores, Lowes, HD, etc... are all a wash here. Paying about 27c/CL oz. with these new "more cost effective" concentrated bleach bottles. Up from just shy of 18c/CL oz. last season.
This just isn't pool country! :pth:

EDIT: Changed CL cost, was thinking it was a full gal container. It's not, it's that silly 121oz, just slightly under a gallon container.
$2.69 / (121*.0825) = 0.269c /CL oz.

Best I could find locally was Ace Hardware for the liquid chlorinator (10%) at 3.29 a gallon :(

I searched every where....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clambert1273 said:
Best I could find locally was Ace Hardware for the liquid chlorinator (10%) at 3.29 a gallon :(

I searched every where....

Kroger here has 8.25% bleach in 1gal jugs @ $2.69 normal price.
I see your in VA, I checked and there are a few Krogers in your area. Might check & see if maybe the pricing is the same over there. Phone them to save on gas. :)
It's a tiny bit cheaper /cl. oz. But if the store's farther away, it won't be worth it unless you go through CL super fast!!
On the other hand, 10% has a shorter lifespan than 8.25% and since, at least at the ACE HW here, they don't mark a date on the bottles. There's no way of knowing how long they sat @ the main warehouse before the local store got them. :(

The kroger is in Yorktown and I only go there once in a while... Not enough to make a difference.. Ace is down the road lol

I have discovered since moving here that their prices here are never the same as anywhere but I will run over there this week and check it out!

Will update :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.