Bleach at WalMart - Too many choices - is this ok?

I am trying to find a supplier of bleach that is close enough to me that it's convenient enough that the bleach can be stored in my hot AZ summers. There are no HASA dealers close enough. I found this Clorox 7.5% at WalMart and am wondering if its ok for the pool. Appears unscented. Two links provided - one to the Clorox page and one to the Walmart page. This source of liquid chlorine would work better than other choices. If you don't think it works and want to search the Carefree AZ Walmart that would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

You don’t want cloromax or fabric conditioners,scented, or splashless. This is getting harder to find in household bleach. Walmart sells pool essentials 10% liquid chlorine in the pool department.
75719BFB-A3E1-4FE3-A929-A600FD084857.jpeg

The Clorox bleach has Cloromax. That is a chlorine resistant polymer. If at all possible, do not use that. It can create foam, a sticky water line residue, and could gum up your filter. Limited use may be OK, but find a true no-additive liquid chlorine.

I guess I have to go in and look cause its not on their website for pickup and delivery. So are you saying there are no Chlorox products that work at this point, or other brands in household at Walmart?

You don’t want cloromax or fabric conditioners,scented, or splashless. This is getting harder to find in household bleach. Walmart sells pool essentials 10% liquid chlorine in the pool department.
View attachment 368099

I guess I have to go in and look cause its not on their website for pickup and delivery. So are you saying there are no Chlorox products that work at this point, or other brands in household at Walmart?
No to clorox -
Where i live there are no more unadulterated household bleaches available. It varies by region.
Generally the 10% in the pool /garden area is a better deal anyway - its hit or miss here getting it on grocery pick up but it’s usually in the store. I like that Walmart keeps it indoors.

Based on a quick search it looks like liquid chlorine must be very hard to get in your area at a reasonable price from big box stores. Where I could find any it appears price is over $10/gal. If I was in your situation I'd look at the following options:
  • Oil and Gas suppliers. Most sell 10% and higher for cleaning tools and equipment. Not all will sell to the public though.
  • Janitorial suppliers.
  • See if you can find where pool services buy. Or if they will sell you bulk.
  • End the jug-lugging hunt for chlorine that is getting priced like it's made of solid unaffordium and switch to salt. I can't believe the prices that came up over $10/gal. At these prices a salt pool has a payout comparable to a VS motor!
I hope this helps!

Chris

Reactions: Mdragger88
What you linked to in your first post was 81 oz of 7.5% at $4.88 per. The Ace HTH was 1 gallon of 10% for $5.99 per. Way cheaper than the clorox.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.