Blank canvas in Laughlin, NV.

Why bolt them down. Mine is not.
Somewhere someone I knew had a pool and their pool pump shook all over the place. If i remember correctly it cracked their concrete, or was loud or something, I guess I'm just being "that guy" now...lol.

Btw, I'm now really leaning toward salt, can i use just the acid part of my intellichem and skip the chlorine side? I've already got everything i might as well use it? right? maybe?

Nor is mine.. bolted.. Its not like I am going to do barrel rolls with my equipment pad. Besides, when I pulled all the equipment off the old pad, every bolt was corroded to a nub. obviously the original PB did not use stainless or other non corroding bolts. When I built a new equipment pad I let the equipment "float". It made it easier to plumb and easier to service if I have to scoot things around. If you knew someone with pool equipment that had a whole lot-o-shakin-goin-on... there was something wrong there.

Btw, I'm now really leaning toward salt, can i use just the acid part of my intellichem and skip the chlorine side? I've already got everything i might as well use it? right? maybe?
I would definitely use a SWCG. Unless you plan to be away for long periods of time with no one locally to help out with the pool, I would not add an acid injector. But up to you. I know nothing about the Intellichem other than I would never rely on ORP to adjust chlorine.

Be sure your fill water is tied to your water softener.

I would definitely use a SWCG. Unless you plan to be away for long periods of time with no one locally to help out with the pool, I would not add an acid injector. But up to you. I know nothing about the Intellichem other than I would never rely on ORP to adjust chlorine.

Be sure your fill water is tied to your water softener.
Thanks for the info! The intellichem i bought oh so long ago, has the orp sensor as well as the ph sensor, i was hoping to use just the ph sensor to adjust the ph and the swg to handle the rest???

when i go to fill this bad boy up, do i really need to run it through the water softener? is our water that jacked up? i think my irrigation/ hose bibs here bypass the softener, will that make a big difference in the water make up?
can i just run a hose over to your house and transfuse your water over to my pool. that would be the most sensible thing for me to do.... lol

Fill the pool initially with non softened water. But your evaporation loss, if at all possible, fill with softened water. Or plan to drain and refill each year.

I hope you installed an autofill -----

Reactions: akageorgi
Okay, today was a fairly productive day in the Georgi Laughlin Pool of Chaos and Destruction and Drama saga...

Talked to buddy about pouring the deck.
Since he's busy, we're looking at 3 weeks.
Plaster'er Company people hopefully will be scheduled for just after deck finish.

Had inspector out today, failed me on pre plaster and rough plumbing. Nothing major, need to move gate latch up 3", put in a pool water bond but didn't know i had to put it below the main pump. Inspector said that there may be a run around by plugging water bond into pump drain? Have to do some investigating on that.

So only failing two things on this monstrosity seems like a win for me..
20210225_160604.jpg

Last edited:
Stupid me. I have a plethora of knowledge here at my fingertips and one little post of water bonding and gate safety latch height requirements would've saved me some extra drama...😬

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also, our pool water bonding was achieved by bonding to the heater. Will you have a heater?
We do have a heater, building inspector said that it has to always be bonded to water. So that means lower than main pump if main pump looses its gusta, and pool heater will not always be part of the system due to bypassing when not in use. I think I'm just going to stand in the water with a steel rod. That should do it.

im not as far along as you, but im in havasu and i needed to have the pool bonded with ground clamps in 4 spots tied to the rebar around the pool before it was shot. not sure if thats the same as being bonded to water, but its something i had to do for mine. the ground copper wire runs all the way back to the equipment pad.

looking good and i bet youre excited to finally hear the word "plaster"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.