Blank canvas in Laughlin, NV.

Well, moving right along. Not much change, but i will post pics when I get back home tomorrow. Need some help on pumps. Already have an Intlliflo 3HP VS for main pump. Was originally going to have 3 pumps total. One main, one for spa only, and one for features(deck jets (4x), ledge bubbler and a future somemthin or another.) Read that the deck jets need to have water that is filtered because they can clog. Should I have a separate pump for the feature stuff and/or can i direct the deck jets from a separate valve AFTER the filter. Also, there are way too many pumps out there. Any recommendation for a spa pump? feature pump? :sunny:Til tomorrow...

Here's where we are at as of yesterday:
IMG_20170903_154837917.jpg
Have WAY too much dirt left over. But since we do, I'm adding another raised area by the spa
for a possible future fire pit. Daughter and I like the idea of our own private volcano, but wife doesn't agree.
More pics coming in the next few days, promise. hehe :grin:

Was originally going to have 3 pumps total. One main, one for spa only, and one for features(deck jets (4x), ledge bubbler and a future somemthin or another.) Read that the deck jets need to have water that is filtered because they can clog. Should I have a separate pump for the feature stuff and/or can i direct the deck jets from a separate valve AFTER the filter. Also, there are way too many pumps out there. Any recommendation for a spa pump? feature pump? :sunny:Til tomorrow...

Looking great!! I just went through the same process with my deck jets and decided not to filter the water going into them. I am running a seperate line and pump for the water features: 2 deck jets, 2 36in sheers and two bubblers each on selectable valves that will be automated. Every plumber I spoke with said no need to filter since my intakes are 4 feet down on a wall. To run a seperate filter or plumb through the current filter was just more complicated then i wanted. I spoke with other people with jets in vegas and 2/3 do not have them filtered. Just my .02 and hopefully I don't regret :)

Looking great!! I just went through the same process with my deck jets and decided not to filter the water going into them. I am running a seperate line and pump for the water features: 2 deck jets, 2 36in sheers and two bubblers each on selectable valves that will be automated. Every plumber I spoke with said no need to filter since my intakes are 4 feet down on a wall. To run a seperate filter or plumb through the current filter was just more complicated then i wanted. I spoke with other people with jets in vegas and 2/3 do not have them filtered. Just my .02 and hopefully I don't regret :)

Thanks for the input Jeev! I think I'll go with my original plan, that'll keep everything separate...

Warning: eighties heavy metal reference ahead...
IMG_20170910_152921665.jpg
Metal health will drive you crazy...:rockon:
Rebar going in, how much? where? how thick? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Double number 4's or single #3's spaced how far?
what? monsoons again?

- - - Updated - - -

images.jpg

Not much to report today, finishing off buying equipment...rebar just about done,
plumbing and electrical hopefully will be completed next week. Trying to figure if
i should pour a slab for the equipment pad or just buy a few pre-made a/c like pads?
Anyway, hope to have more soon...sand bags are starting to rip due to the wonderful
Mr. :sun:, so we need to get this thing gunited sooooooon!!!!

IMG_20170925_140900245.jpg
IMG_20170925_140828375.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Too much drama involved in bulding a pool in Laughlin!
Now I know why I have 4 neighbors using me as a guinea pig!
Will have more info after a visit with the building inspector
tomorrow. But right now it is beer, beer, and yes, I'll have another beer!
thanks
:brickwall::grrrr:

- - - Updated - - -

ughhhh!

:hammer:So not much of an update...Hopefully, I am meeting with a couple more people on Saturday. Just been frustrating lately. Sub contractors, mainly plumbers, not returning/answering my calls! Have found that my nice little town of Laughlin is in a black hole when it comes to o/b pools. No contractors here in Laughlin, period. Bullhead City subs are not licensed in NV, unresponsive. Vegas subs, don't want to come down here, so quotes are up-charged 40%, have heard more than once that they aren't licensed in Laughlin, just Vegas, Henderson, etc. which talking to building inspector is a bunch of...bananas...regarding visit with building inspector nothing major, just have to make a trip up to Vegas to add to my building permit. I figured while I have a ditch I might as well run a gas stub for a future fire pit.
Anyways, going to have plumbing/electrical done in the next week even if I have to do it myself!!!
Will have more soon, I hope. Tomorrow I can post a picture of a trench that I dug, that'll be fun...
:(

OUCH! So what I hear you saying is it not fun or easy to do a OB in your area! Lowes here you come for the plumbing stuff :( Make sure to wear throw away clothes as that glue will ruin them.

Kim (no cheering on this one)

So, plumbing should be started on Wednesday. I won't say for sure, but maybe-possibly-
hopefully. Not much else to report, yesterday I spent all day pouring concrete for my equipment pad.
For my first time ever doing concrete, I think it looks pretty good.
So hopefully electric and plumbing will be done in the next week.
Trying to get gunite done b4 Thanksgiving...

IMG_20171026_150323907.jpg

:-?

Did you hand mix all of that? How many 80 lbs bags did that take? You did good! Nice broom finish! Where is your hand prints?

Here is hoping they show for the plumbing :angel:

Kim:kim:

32 bags of concrete mixed and poured by yours truly...
and now for....:shock:

IMG_20171103_090048098.jpgcontentRedirection.jpgpip.jpg

PLUMBING AND ELECTRICAL...DONE!
DUE FOR INSPECTION TOMORROW!
(Still probably won't be swimming until April, but progress...)

Plumbing under pressure just fine, had shotcrete guy out today showed me a couple
of things that i need to fix on the rebar or I won't pass inspection, will try to
fix but need to postpone inspection until maybe Wednesday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.