Blank canvas in Laughlin, NV.

What a mix! How big where her parents? How big does your vet think she will get?

She is a MESS but knows she is cute!!! Bet you are going through a LOT of towels! LOL

Looks like the poodle fur is strong in her. Are you going to groom her yourself?

Kim:kim:

Precious.... absolutely precious!! But I bet she gets hot in that NV sun, eh? Just like our rescue dog "Bella" is- as long as the air conditioner holds up, she's fine.

Maddie :flower:
Haven't hit summer with her here yet. But she loves the tile floor. Seems to keep her cool. Hopefully I'll have my pool done soon so she can cool off with the rest of us.

Good morning, I would like to be working on the pool today but I am in too much pain from yesterday's pool building extravaganza!

Previously on my Laughlin Pool journey I did not like the spa steps. Basically the steps were poured to wide, making the spa floor too constricted for my taste.
Exhibit 1
IMG_20180711_115707069_HDR.jpg

There was only two steps into the spa. The top step, the seats level and then a long drop to the floor.
I was originally going to cut six inches off the bottom to "open" up the bottom, but I realized that the plumbing was not going to allow for that!
Anyway, after further review, I decided to modify the entry steps. I ended up renting a jack hammer from Home Depot (twice!) and cut into the steps.
Yesterday I completed the process...:D

Exhibit 2:
IMG_20190327_174333 (1).jpg

Now, instead of having two large steps down into the spa, I have three steps. Cutting out that bottom step
"opens" up the bottom of the spa.

Also added a small step to the deep end bench to make it easier to get out of the pool.

Working on the Bling portion of the pool this week...So maybe I'll have more soon...

Hello pool peeps.
I have grout/tile issues/questions.
We are going to do the midnight blue pebble tech (or equivalent) for the pool plaster.
We like the darker blue. Anyway, I have a bunch of warm taupe grout leftover from our waterline tile.
It is on the "warm" side of the grey color scheme. Could I use it between the blue step tiles?
Would it look totally out of place with the midnight blue or would it be unnoticeable under water?
I tested one strip of tile and i don't think it looks too bad? Any advice?
I also tried to use it on the wet ledge, but it didn't look right at all.
I'm going to have to buy some tan/sand color grout for the ledge and the spa.
Should I just buy some cooler grey for the pool or go with the taupe?

Oh and can I even use the same grout for the step tile that I used for the waterline tile?
Hmmm. Any help would be appreciated.
:)

Be ware of dark plaster colors here ---- your pool water will get into the mid to upper 90s if you have dark plaster.

Reactions: akageorgi

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello poolio's! Been doing my step tiles. All of it is done but unfortunately there are quite a few tiles that didn't meet my quality assurance test so I am chiseling the bad ones out and replacing them.
Should be complete before 2036.

15573400701212047790254339442494.jpg

Check in time, been a bit. No water quite yet, but I am still progressing...I have a new hat I'm wearing, I'm the coping guy now! Had a concrete guy come out and he wanted almost 10k for just the steps going up to the deck and the pool coping...so I'm going to install the bullnose coping around the pool myself! Will be about 2-3 thousand compared to 10, but it's going to be a lot of labor. Also going to use the same coping on the deck steps.
Latest adventure has been pouring footings for said deck steps. I've been pouring concrete around the step lights and hiding the conduit so that the our desertsun won't kill them.
Then when I get the coping installed on the steps, when we go to pour the deck we'll just finish the steps at the same time.
Somewhere there is a method to my madness...

More to come...

Attachments

• IMG_20190623_125222.jpg
    IMG_20190623_125222.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I like the bullnose and coping!! Well done on picking those out! That is a LOT $$ you will be saving but your pool body will be paying the price :(

Any chance of doing the coping around then putting the plaster in? That way you have the pool to jump into to help cool off while doing the other things!

:)
I like the bullnose and coping!! Well done on picking those out! That is a LOT $$ you will be saving but your pool body will be paying the price :(

Any chance of doing the coping around then putting the plaster in? That way you have the pool to jump into to help cool off while doing the other things!

Thinking about that, pouring the deck AFTER plaster but don't want all the dirt ending up in there...

Is your pool done yet?
How's the pool coming along?
Are we swimming yet?
Did you finish it?
So when is the big pool party?
Are you going to be done this year?
Here's some pool math for you:
?+?+?=?=?

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
I got just the thing you can do and say to them!!!

When some busy body says ANYTHING like that here is what you do.
-Stand there without saying a word with your hand held out. Don't say a word. Just hold your hand out as if waiting for them to lay something in it.
-When they ask you what you are doing tell them "I am waiting for you to give me the money to pay someone else to do the work."

I bet that will shut them up!!!!

Hey all, it's been 100°+ for the last few weeks so we've got no progress to report. I've done some pool equipment electrical work, cleaning up, painting, but it's just too Dang hot. I guess six or seven incomplete projects is better than not doing anything! Hopefully soon I'll be able to start checking some things off...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.