Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
When you’ve been testing and tweaking for a couple weeks getting everything just right for the start of pool season and you get the perfect readout 🎉

1686239826420.png

Reactions: joshuaj1975
Looks like you're using the K-2006C and its instructions list the 25 ML water sample test for the FC. Instead, try the following for FC testing:

10 ML water sample size with ONE generous scoop of powder. Mix until clear then divide the answer in half. Example: 12 drops to clear equals an FC of 6.

Reactions: cznkane
Not bad. Be careful about the FC test though. You're getting on the low end of the scale per the FC/CYA Levels. TX is getting hot. Also, how di you get a CH of 119?
100%, it is really warming up. Supposed to be near or over 100 for the next week already. Plan is to add a gallon of chlorine this evening once the pumps kick on to do their thing. CH was likely from a Leslie's test last season...I should get out there and do another one with my test kit but generally ignore it since we're vinyl.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Looks like you're using the K-2006C and its instructions list the 25 ML water sample test for the FC. Instead, try the following for FC testing:

10 ML water sample size with ONE generous scoop of powder. Mix until clear then divide the answer in half. Example: 12 drops to clear equals an FC of 6.
Appreciate it, yup, using the K-2006. This season I'm experimenting with a higher CYA. Last season I was at about 30 and adding a gallon of Chlorine every couple days, going to go for 50 this year and see if I can't spread that out to a couple gallons a week. Good call on the 'high concentration' test (or whatever Taylor calls it)....no need to be eating up that reagent doing the 0.2 at a time one. One big scoop vs two though? Interesting, will give it a shot!

Before I went to salt, I was adding about 1/2 gallon of liquid chlorine to my pool every evening after work with a CYA of 60-70. I have no shade on the water, so the TX heat is always tough on my chlorine. It needed that extra CYA protection.

Reactions: cznkane
Before I went to salt, I was adding about 1/2 gallon of liquid chlorine to my pool every evening after work with a CYA of 60-70. I have no shade on the water, so the TX heat is always tough on my chlorine. It needed that extra CYA protection.
Exact same, full sun all day. I usually test daily (at minimum every other day) for the first month of the season. Once I hit a rhythm for the summer I'll add LC on the cadence and drop back to testing once a week to confirm. Appreciate all the replies!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.