Best WiFi automation for Hayward system

dhodson

Gold Supporter
Apr 21, 2019
atlanta ga
I have a Hayward system and my original wireless remote no longer works. I want to change that to a wireless system that I can use via WiFi/app and eventually integrate with a home automation system. Which system is best?

What is your list of equipment your Hayward system controls?

I don't think you have many choices other then the Omni PL system.

Pool and hot tub filter motor
Cleaner motor although I use a separate robot now a days
Heater
Lights not only pool and hot tub but also yard lights

Model numbers?

How many relays do you use and need?

You have a pool and spa system?

Sorry for my ignorance but which device(s) are you looking for model numbers. It might be difficult to read some of them at this point.

What constitutes a relay? Is that the number of buttons on the panel?

I have an attached in groubd concrete hot tub. I switch the filter back and forth from pool to hot tub.

Sorry for my ignorance but which device(s) are you looking for model numbers. It might be difficult to read some of them at this point.

From an earlier post you stated the following. Is this still the same? Create Your Signature to help us help you.

sorry for what i can determine from the original invoice and what i can still read off the equipment
24' x 50' 40,000 gal concrete, Pro Logic is PL-PS-8-X288, Hayward Swim Clear Filter 550 sq feet, Hayward 2.5 HP speed pump and motor,Goldline salt system, 400K BTU Smart Therm (hayward) heater, Hayward booster pump model 6060, Hayward GVA-24 valve actuators, Hayward turbo Cell

Last edited:
Yes thx I believe it is. My research back then gave me the impression these products were full of issues so I stuck with a gimmicky remote at that point and doing it “by hand”.

Looking at haywards page
I just can’t figure out why I can’t use the newer products or if I’d want to or if now is there a better and stable option

There is a remote emulator in Android that can be used in conjunction with an Elfin EW11 that you would put inside your ProLogic. It will connect directly to the RS-485 terminal and draw it's power from that.

Last edited:
Others are using Home Assistant with that Elfin device, so you would use the Companion App for iOS.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.