Best Salt water generator AGP 21,000 gal

Tracey R

Jun 14, 2019
Boerne TX
How good are circupool salt chlorine generators? I am on a site which has a sale through midnight which is purchase a generator and upgrade the generator for $4.

Is there a better, more recommended generator?

Are these worth a flip?

They always have a sale like that going on. And there are many many members that are using those swg is with great success. I would suggest at a very minimum going with a 40K size and something up around 60k would be better
I've seen people mention INYO Pools so I went to their website and found a salt generator for 60,000 gal, PL7704. I will be doing this install.
However I'm also asking for recommendations on systems. I don't have a timer...yet. My pump runs 24/7 currently.

Is it better to have a generator with a timer (are these even available) or would it be better to have them separate? I'd think separate so if 1 or the other goes out, it's a less expensive fix.

Thoughts?

I do not know of any SWCG that have internal timers.

You could install a timer and use it for both your pump and SWCG. Once you are clear of your current SLAM, you could run your pump much less than 24 hours. You are using nearly 1500 watts per hour with your current pump. Unless it is two speed, which is not shown in your signature.

Reactions: Tracey R
I do not know of any SWCG that have internal timers.

You could install a timer and use it for both your pump and SWCG. Once you are clear of your current SLAM, you could run your pump much less than 24 hours. You are using nearly 1500 watts per hour with your current pump. Unless it is two speed, which is not shown in your signature.
No sir, it has 1 speed....on.
I plan on purchasing the SWCG this week or next and then installing as soon as possible after I receive it. I definitely will finish the SLAM process before installing. I can only handle 1 battle at a time with my pool.

I'll start researching timers also. Obviously weather proof is needed. Are there any other options which would be good to have or are these timers the same concept as Christmas light timers? On and off.

How many hours a day can I lessen the pump running and keep it looking great?

Others are more versed on timers. There are a lot of threads on them.

With 60k SWCG you should be able to go to 8 hours per day during swim season and less the rest of the year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I use this timer for my pump and SWG. Each outlet can be programmed separately, with multiple on/off times. Most of the time I run the SWG once a day in the early morning, but I run the filter longer than the SWG and also once in the middle of the day an hour to circulate the water. My SWG is the Intex that is still kicking, but I know it's a matter of time before the cell gives out (2nd one) so I'll be switching to a big girl SWG soon, so I'm watching this thread :)

*also, even though it is "outdoor" I keep it protected from the elements.

The only SWG that I know of that has an internal timer is the Hayward Aquatrol. You plug the pump into it and then it has a timer for when to click the pump on and off. But it's only rated for 20000 gallons so not big enough for your needs. I found that I still let my pump run 24/7 and just cut the percentage back on the SWG. I get quite a few leaves all day in the pool and want the skimmer running as much as possible.

Reactions: Tracey R
I use this timer for my pump and SWG. Each outlet can be programmed separately, with multiple on/off times. Most of the time I run the SWG once a day in the early morning, but I run the filter longer than the SWG and also once in the middle of the day an hour to circulate the water. My SWG is the Intex that is still kicking, but I know it's a matter of time before the cell gives out (2nd one) so I'll be switching to a big girl SWG soon, so I'm watching this thread :)

Thanks for the link on the timer, I already have one for the pool but might upgrade to that style.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with CircuPool RJ-60 PLUS Salt Chlorine Generator. I don't have time to install currently so I'm going to purchase when I do so the warranty doesn't waste any time just sitting before install.

You like the outdoor smart plug timer? When my wifi has issues what does that do to the timer? Or does that just affect the "Alexa" controls? Would I need to install a surge protector also?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.