Best reasonably priced robot for first time pool owner

Jan 2, 2018
Land O Lakes, FL
Realizing this may elicit a wide variety of responses, I’m hoping to narrow down to a few recommendations on reasonably priced, yet good quality robot cleaners. I’ve gotten the advice on how robots are well worth the money...but we are also running out of money as we near the completion of our pool build. :) It’s also becoming a bit overwhelming navigating through all the options, bells and whistles to really understand what the “must have” features are, compared to those that we may not even really utilize. Our pool is a 38x16 rectangle that includes a large baha shelf and bench along the deep end. Not many trees around. Thanks in advance for your input!

The best reasonbly priced robot is the smartpool cleaners by a mile. No one comes close to the features for the cost. 600 dollars with dual drive. You can get the Nc74 with bottom loading bag or the profast or bigfoot with toploading. Someone here tried the toploading models and said they didn't like it. I'm very happy with my NC74 after using a number of much more expensive robots. The only bad things are the warranty only covers the power supply for the 1st year and its clearly cheaper made than the other brands. However mine has held up fine so far for over a year and the parts are very reasonable compared to other robots. Bag holds a ton of debris too.

The only real negative thing I can say about mine is the bag sometimes doesn't want to stay on the bottom cover, but other than that its worked flawlessly and can get itself off the maindrain in 30 seconds or less.

I was in your position a year ago. After research here on this forum, I went with Doheny's Discovery. Our pools sound almost identical. As for the stairs and shelf, I just brush them off into the pool where the robot can to the dirt, sunken leaves, etc., every few days or so.

cpj,

Here is just one of many threads that you might like....

Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Keep in mind that robots do not clean stairs and shelves..

I love mine, but have no tanning shelf..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you..great thread!

- - - Updated - - -

I was in your position a year ago. After research here on this forum, I went with Doheny's Discovery. Our pools sound almost identical. As for the stairs and shelf, I just brush them off into the pool where the robot can to the dirt, sunken leaves, etc., every few days or so.
Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you.
The best reasonbly priced robot is the smartpool cleaners by a mile. No one comes close to the features for the cost. 600 dollars with dual drive. You can get the Nc74 with bottom loading bag or the profast or bigfoot with toploading. Someone here tried the toploading models and said they didn't like it. I'm very happy with my NC74 after using a number of much more expensive robots. The only bad things are the warranty only covers the power supply for the 1st year and its clearly cheaper made than the other brands. However mine has held up fine so far for over a year and the parts are very reasonable compared to other robots. Bag holds a ton of debris too.

The only real negative thing I can say about mine is the bag sometimes doesn't want to stay on the bottom cover, but other than that its worked flawlessly and can get itself off the maindrain in 30 seconds or less.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.