Best Practice - Installing Anchor Cups for Stair Railing in Pavers

blakeusa

In The Industry
Jul 8, 2010
Ashford, CT
I have a set of Permacast Big Boy 6 inch brass anchors and a the metal plate.
What is the best way/ method to install these in a paver deck. ???
I plan on pouring a 2x2 ft concrete pad then installing the anchors... but not sure on the best way to attatch the plate
and cups to the concrete... set in concrete with bolts or drill and epoxy into concrete or what ?

If you have a slab of concrete under your pavers already, it should be tied into the existing slab with rebar. The bigger challenge you have is bonding the brass anchors to the pool.

The railing you are looking to use should have instructions that say how large of a concrete pad it needs.

The cups get attached to the metal plate (spaced out so the railing fits). This is connected to the bonding around your pool. Set the cups and plate so the top is flush with the top of the paver after they are reset (also make sure the cups are plumb so the railing is plumb). The pavers around my pool on set on about a 1/2 of sand and that is on top of a 4" slab of concrete. If you are lucky you will find the bond wire that you can attach to when you dig. Otherwise you will need to dig till you find something to tie into. Or if your pavers are installed like mine you could pull up pavers to get to something else that is bonded and bury the bonding wire in the layer of sand. The bonding wire is typically a 8 awg solid non-insulated copper wire.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.