Best pool cleaner 2020

I would use marina pool and spa for sure. My concern was if I had issues but the few who had issue they resolved. Sometimes troubleshooting over the phone and just sending a part vs making you box it and ship it in.

I would use marina pool and spa for sure. My concern was if I had issues but the few who had issue they resolved. Sometimes troubleshooting over the phone and just sending a part vs making you box it and ship it in.
yeah I will call Marina pool tomorrow to order. how do I ask for the dual filters (rough and fine?) or do they come with both?

I'd also like to leave the S200 in the pool 24/7. how often did you have to take the swivel joint apart?
Ours stays in the pool when not swimming, and pretty much all fall/winter. Run it once day in spring/summer. 3 times/week during non-swimming months. Even though ours has the swivel joint, I still have to detangle it about once every other week.

Reactions: caycarem
Oh, there are so many incompetent people, who thinks that bleach instead good quality cleaning will be unnoticed. My daughter has allergy on this chemical sh*t and for our family it is very important that pool will be cleaned mechanically. I really don't want to entrust this work to other people and I have been already testing different pool cleaners for a lot of years. I understand how it is difficult to choose a good one for a reasonable price. I recommend you to read pool cleaner reviews consumer reports , if you are interested. There is a lot of helpful current information and, of course, links to the amazon to compare the prices and to order something what you would like to have. Wish you good luck

Last edited:
Pentair Warrior SE has arrived, I mounted the control unit inside a weather proof box at the long end of my rougly 16x34 pool. also bought kasa smart plug and cable sleeve. I am wondering if it would help with cord tangling/twisting if I ran the cord inside the cable sleeve to the middle of the pool long side (middle of 34' length, taped to the concrete), or just leave the cord at the long end where the power plug is? does it matter where I place the power cord?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I still haven't taken the robot out of its box as I'm trying to figure this out: what do folks normally do with the booster pump inlet from ground, and what to do with the Polaris 280 pressure port on the side wall? I think I can unscrew the wall connector but that might leave a big hole.

I still haven't taken the robot out of its box as I'm trying to figure this out: what do folks normally do with the booster pump inlet from ground, and what to do with the Polaris 280 pressure port on the side wall? I think I can unscrew the wall connector but that might leave a big hole.
Just program your cleaner (booster pump) to no runs i.e. no programs. The cleaner return to the pool will act just like a normal return because you always have some flow through it even if booster pump is off. You want water to flow through it so no algae grows in that plumbing.
There are some that has turned the booster pump return to a water fountain or a spayer to cool water in the summer.
One day, if you have to change plumbing around you can then remove the booster pump if you wanted and just leave it as a standard return.

Just program your cleaner (booster pump) to no runs i.e. no programs. The cleaner return to the pool will act just like a normal return because you always have some flow through it even if booster pump is off. You want water to flow through it so no algae grows in that plumbing.
There are some that has turned the booster pump return to a water fountain or a spayer to cool water in the summer.
One day, if you have to change plumbing around you can then remove the booster pump if you wanted and just leave it as a standard return.
Yeah i plan to remove booster pump and replumb my pad very soon. Right now the booster pump has 2 rubber inlet/outlet hoses. I will seal off the return hole going into the right vertical copper return line. Is it ok to just cap off the suction pvc coming from ground to the rubber inlet hose? Not sure how it connects to the pool, I’m guessing it connects with the main suction line somewhere down there.

Attachments

• 6E7BAD9A-FC0D-4953-8367-F9A5B6A3F4E3.jpg
    6E7BAD9A-FC0D-4953-8367-F9A5B6A3F4E3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 21
Yeah i plan to remove booster pump and replumb my pad very soon. Right now the booster pump has 2 rubber inlet/outlet hoses. I will seal off the return hole going into the right vertical copper return line. Is it ok to just cap off the suction pvc coming from ground to the rubber inlet hose? Not sure how it connects to the pool, I’m guessing it connects with the main suction line somewhere down there.
I think I probably got the inlet/outlet backward. Now I’m a bit confused how my booster pump was able to run the p280 without the main pump if the inlet comes from main return line.

I am one of those nuts who went all out and bought the Polaris Alpha iq+. This cleaner is a beast and does an awesome job. I also added the micro fine filter. It is amazing how much 'stuff' it gets up, even when we aren't using the pool. It has all the bells and whistles and I love how it works. I had tried a suction side cleaner and hated how it had to be connected to the skimmer with that big hose. I looked closely at the Maytronics, but went with this one because there wasn't a local dealer that carried the Maytronics models I was interested in.

I am not sure how yours is plumbed and confused that you state you have a "copper" return line as everything should be PVC or plastic hoses. My request to @jimmythegreek or to @ajw22 maybe either of them can guide you as to how your suction and return lines tie into your main plumbing.

The pic you posted is too small for me to see clearly what your problem and question is. Post some larger pics of the area.

The pic you posted is too small for me to see clearly what your problem and question is. Post some larger pics of the area.
I bought robot and plan to remove my polaris booster pump. Main question is what to do with the pump inlet/outlet?
It seems inlet rubber hose connects to the main copper return line so I think will seal it up.
outlet rubber hose connects to a pvc going into the ground, likely going to the pool side pressure port. do I cap the pvc line? Would algae grow in it?
Reattach hopefully better pic. It doesnt let me attach full size.

Attachments

• B1B01E07-DEEC-4322-A0D7-444D1DDBEAA8.jpg
    B1B01E07-DEEC-4322-A0D7-444D1DDBEAA8.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 18
I use my return PVC to add water to the pool since my water supply is beside the pump pad. I debated added a sprinkler valve and automating it but for now just stick the hose on the PVC and use a $15 sprinkler timer.

Cap off the lines. You can replumb the PVC line to be another return line if you want.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.