Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

Here is link to the CLORALEN. Am I missing something. I don’t see anything other than chlorine

Looks good to me. I still never blindly trust because product formulations change all the time. So always really look over the whole bottle each time you buy. For large amounts for my pool it’s cheaper & simpler for me to get the 10+% stuff in bulk & know it’s fresh than to purchase random stuff at the grocery store but for my hot tub in the winter I sometimes buy those tiny bottles from dg if I find them then I refill them in the summer with my potent stuff.

Reactions: Newdude
EDIT: I just checked the Menard's website (I rarely go there, it's a few miles further) but they are definitely cheaper, as PrairieGirl mentioned above: $4.99 for 12.5%. If I use their annoying 11% rebate program, that makes it $4.55 per gal. Using PoolMath's bleach calculator, it's 28.4 cents per ounce of pure chlorine at Menards, vs. 40 cents per ounce at Farm and Home. Definitely worth the extra drive!

Just checked our local Menards, and seems like they are going to be the place again this year. Same, $4.99 - 0.55c rebate for 12.5%. Rebate is a pita, but its fairly easy and I'm always there for something anyway. Also tends to be fairly fresh, and they generally have a good supply. 3 miles from the house, it's probably my closest option too. Still more than it was last year ($3.99, same rebate etc) so they've essentially increased the price by 25%.

Local Farm supply store has 7% for 19.99/4 pack, so its slightly more for significantly less chlorine - I doubt they rotate it very fast...

Our local grocery store had 7% for 5.99 last year...except it was stored outside in direct sunlight most of the day...so it was probably closer to 1% for 5.99 by the end of the season. Didn't see many people buying it.

Home Depot has 10% for $36 :oops:- so $9/gal...thats not COVID, that's just profiteering. It does have a 'calcium free formula' to prevent clouding of pool water tho, so... :) Also,its the same price as last year - which I'm sure someone will market as 'rollback pricing' at some point.

Reactions: Newdude
I mean - they’re not lying, but that implies there could be calcium in other liquid chlorine, which there isn’t that I know of. There’s no reason to put that except for marketing. Now there’s going to be folks who are confused, as if buying pool chems isn’t already confusing enough.

Members frequently ask "Where is the best place to buy liquid chlorine where I live?"

This thread is an attempt to consolidate all of the places you know of in your town so others can share in your good deal.

If you know a place that has a good deal on liquid chlorine, whether it is a pool store, janitorial supplier or whatever, reply to this thread with the name of the business, the details including price, concentration and quantity, and we'll add it to this list.

US Wide:

Walmart: $2.94 for 121oz of 8.25%. 29.5 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.
Sams Club: $9.47 for 3 count 121oz of 8.25%. 31.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.
Aldi's: ????

Alabama

Mobile: Pinch-A-Penny 2.5 gal refillable (10.5%) $8.99 initial, $6.08 refill ... 18.1 cents/oz of sodium hypochlorite

Alaska

Arizona

Check for a local HASA dealer who generally sell bulk chlorine at a good price

Tucson: E-Konomy Pool, 4912 E 22nd St, Refillable 4 gallons of 12% for $13.96 = 22.7 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

Arkansas

California

San Rafael/Petaluma: Herb's Pool Service Refillable 4 gallons of 12.5% for $17.32. 27.1 cents/oz. of sodium hypochlorite

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Orlando: Pinch a Penny and Leslie's refillable 2.5 gallons of 10% for $5 after tax. 15.6 cents/oz. of sodium hypochlorite

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Idaho: Fred Meyer has their 8.25% 121 oz jugs on sale for $2.69. 26.9 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

Illinois

Rural King stores: $9.99 for 4 gallons of 10%. Frequently on sale for $7.99 and even $6.99 around Memorial Day. 19.5 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $9.99. 15.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $7.99. 13.7 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $6.99.

Indiana

Rural King stores: $9.99 for 4 gallons of 10%. Frequently on sale for $7.99 and even $6.99 around Memorial Day. 19.5 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $9.99. 15.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $7.99. 13.7 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $6.99.

Menards: $3.99 for one gallon of 12%. 26 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite. On sale around Memorial Day as BOGO making it 13 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Raleigh: MVP Services, 5813 Triangle Dr $13.50 for 5 gallons. of 12%. 17.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Dallas: Riviera Pools 12.6% HASA Chlorine for $22 for 4 gallons. 34.1 cents per gallon of sodium hypochlorite.

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

Pinellas County, Florida
Walmart: Pool Essentials 10% Sodium Hypochlorite
2 gallons $17.12
Found this as Home Depot & Lowes were selling the same thing for a lot more about a month ago. See my updated reply as it looks like some of the prices at HD and Lowes have come down.
Kelley Mason

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Members frequently ask "Where is the best place to buy liquid chlorine where I live?"

This thread is an attempt to consolidate all of the places you know of in your town so others can share in your good deal.

If you know a place that has a good deal on liquid chlorine, whether it is a pool store, janitorial supplier or whatever, reply to this thread with the name of the business, the details including price, concentration and quantity, and we'll add it to this list.

US Wide:

Walmart: $2.94 for 121oz of 8.25%. 29.5 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.
Sams Club: $9.47 for 3 count 121oz of 8.25%. 31.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.
Aldi's: ????

Alabama

Mobile: Pinch-A-Penny 2.5 gal refillable (10.5%) $8.99 initial, $6.08 refill ... 18.1 cents/oz of sodium hypochlorite

Alaska

Arizona

Tucson: E-Konomy Pool, 4912 E 22nd St, Refillable 4 gallons of 12% for $13.96 = 22.7 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

Arkansas

California

San Rafael/Petaluma: Herb's Pool Service Refillable 4 gallons of 12.5% for $17.32. 27.1 cents/oz. of sodium hypochlorite

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

Florida

Orlando: Pinch a Penny and Leslie's refillable 2.5 gallons of 10% for $5 after tax. 15.6 cents/oz. of sodium hypochlorite

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Idaho: Fred Meyer has their 8.25% 121 oz jugs on sale for $2.69. 26.9 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

Illinois

Indiana

Menards: $3.99 for one gallon of 12%. 26 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite. On sale around Memorial Day as BOGO making it 13 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico

New York

North Carolina

Raleigh: MVP Services, 5813 Triangle Dr $13.50 for 5 gallons. of 12%. 17.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Dallas: Riviera Pools 12.6% HASA Chlorine for $22 for 4 gallons. 34.1 cents per gallon of sodium hypochlorite.

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

I have an updated list to my earlier post for Pinellas County Florida.
These are all for Sodium Hypochlorite 10%, 1 gallon unless indicated otherwise.
Lowes: Pool Essentials $7.78, HTH $5.98.
Home Depot: Pool Essentials $8.98/gal or $35.98/4 gallons.
Pinch A Penny: Suncoast Gold $9.49/2.5 gallon refillable jugs.
Happy swimming!
Kelley

Hello I just wanted to let anyone in the Houston/Katy area that I found a company selling Liquid Bleach 12%. There Information is www.patriotcleaningsupply.com Patriot Cleaning Supply Address is 2910 N. Mason #1 Katy, TX 77449 832-509-1961. Website They are located behind the store front in the new section recently built. Quick in and out. Recommend them.

Hello I just wanted to let anyone in the Houston/Katy area that I found a company selling Liquid Bleach 12%. There Information is www.patriotcleaningsupply.com Patriot Cleaning Supply Address is 2910 N. Mason #1 Katy, TX 77449 832-509-1961. Website They are located behind the store front in the new section recently built. Quick in and out. Recommend them.
Marvelous!
Please add it to the directory 👍🏻

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support