Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

I just picked up two "gallons" (121 ounces) of Great Value 7.5% bleach for $3 per bottle. That's $0.331 / oz standardized chlorine. Best price I've found this year.
IMG_8240.jpegIMG_8241.jpeg

I was curious about that, so I "only" got two. Thanks!
Next time, take a little stroll over to Lawn & Garden where you can get 10% for $5.29 a gallon. I've seen it at several of them in central and North Texas last weekend. I get it there because of the convenience of it being the closest place.

Reactions: C&HSewell
Next time, take a little stroll over to Lawn & Garden where you can get 10% for $5.29 a gallon. I've seen it at several of them in central and North Texas last weekend. I get it there because of the convenience of it being the closest place.
I did pick up six bottles of the actual good stuff for $5.79 (The Colony, TX).

Same here is Atlanta. It is the best deal around right now, aside from our local Ace having it for .20 more. Still a good deal for under $6.

I just started looking at bleach prices up here in Northern Illinois. Ouch!
Rural King is at 19.99/4 gallon pack of 10%
Menards was better at 4.99/gallon of 12.5%

Last year Rural King ended the season at $14.99/4 gallon 10%

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've tapped out :D. Pureline SWG arrived last weekend, will be installing within the next week.

So...what are the best places to buy pool salt and muriatic acid?
Let us know how the pureline does for you!
I usually get salt @ lowes, homedepot, Walmart or our local hardware store. Sometimes @ the mom & pop pool store if I’m picking up bulk liquid chlorine. Stay away from clorox pool salt - other than that just go for the best price.
** Test your salt level before you add any - it may surprise you how high it already is since almost everything you add to your pool adds some salt - even people!
For MA it’s pretty much the same places except walmart (they don’t usually carry that). I bought 2 gallons 3 or 4 seasons ago & still have 1 left so I haven’t shopped for that in a while 😊

Reactions: Newdude and gkw4815
I have a Farm and Home Supply near me selling a 4-pack of 10% for $23 (@5.75ea.) (Majestic Liquid Chlorinator for Pools 1 Gallon (4-Pack)) but if I go on "Senior Tuesday" I get 10% off, so that's when I fill my shopping cart. Seems like that's about the best price near me with the least hassle.

They have clear production dates on the boxes, so I always hunt for the freshest product, and I keep it in a dark storage area in my basement so it stays nice and fresh

EDIT: I just checked the Menard's website (I rarely go there, it's a few miles further) but they are definitely cheaper, as PrairieGirl mentioned above: $4.99 for 12.5%. If I use their annoying 11% rebate program, that makes it $4.55 per gal. Using PoolMath's bleach calculator, it's 28.4 cents per ounce of pure chlorine at Menards, vs. 40 cents per ounce at Farm and Home. Definitely worth the extra drive!

Last edited:
Another price drop at Home Depot for Pool Essentials 10%: $29.97 for 4 gallons.
My local Wal Mart has also resumed carrying it at $5.47 per gallon.

So perhaps the recent scarcity and wild prices were due to a winter slowdown in supply?

Has anyone used CLORALEN concentrated? 7% strength but not sure if other “ingredients” are included. I don’t think so from checking safety data sheet but not sure. Any advice?
I have used the one in the green jug in my hot tub with no ill effects. The one I got didn’t have any extras. I sometimes buy the tiny bottles at dollar general over the winter.

I have used the one in the green jug in my hot tub with no ill effects. The one I got didn’t have any extras. I sometimes buy the tiny bottles at dollar general over the winter.
Oh? There is some that isn't thickened, it ought to be okay then. THe link I Googled said "thickened" so apparently there is a variety. I've never seen that brand?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support