Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

Hey! Yep...nothing to miss about ATL traffic. I’ll take Tulsa Time over any of that over-crowding but there sure are some people there I miss. Glad I’m not the only DAWG in OK.

Reactions: HeyEng
Wow! You are very lucky to have that arrangement! I highly doubt most pool service folks would be willing to do that. Maybe he has a crush on you? :ROFLMAO:
It's not me. It's my retired Greyhound, Elvis, that he likes! Link Removed - TFP Mod
On the practical side, this is a free accumulation of good will for his business with little effort since he is already parked at my next-door neighbor's property. It's a win/win no-brainer.

Menards currently has 12.5 % for 3.99 buy 1 get 1 free and thought about stocking up
If kept indoors at room temperature your 12.5% will degrade slower. But it will degrade. If kept in a garage or out side, it will degrade pretty quickly to 10% or less.

Our Walmarts still have 2018 bleach! Apparently we're in a vicious circle of no one will buy it that old, and they aren't re-stocking until they sell it! I tried the 2.5 gallon refillable from Pinch-a-Penny, but it's too heavy/awkward for me to handle. I really liked the idea of not wasting so many bleach bottles (and my use will drop considerably once we turn on the SWG), but I sprained my wrist trying to pour out of that bigger jug.

Just suggested in the TFP survey that these posts/threads should be removed - at least all regarding prices of chlorine back in 2015. Maybe a new thread that folks could advise current prices in their area!

Reactions: IceShadow

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Home Depot has their HDX 10% liquid chlorine in a 3-bottle pack. Just be sure to check the dates on the box (they are in Julian format). Word seems to have gotten out as I am noticing faster turnover vs. previous years, especially since Clorox diluted their chlorine from 8.25% back to 6% a couple of years ago

Reactions: bordelond
Another Georgia to Oklahoma transplant, eh? Howdy!! There are some things I miss from Georgia, but the craziness that is Atlanta (all the PEOPLE!!!) finally drove us away. So far, I love living in flyover country...well, except those Sooner fans...BOO!!! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!
I'm a Yankee transplanted in Tulsa. Great place. Atwoods is the place to get liquid chlorine though there isn't one in Tulsa itself, have to go to one of the suburbs. I buy 3-4 cases at a time as my pool uses about a gallon a day. It's well worth the drive.

Reactions: HeyEng
I'm a Yankee transplanted in Tulsa. Great place. Atwoods is the place to get liquid chlorine though there isn't one in Tulsa itself, have to go to one of the suburbs. I buy 3-4 cases at a time as my pool uses about a gallon a day. It's well worth the drive.
Out of curiosity, does Atwoods leave them in the boxes? Our closest one is about 30 minutes away so I want to load up on my next trip but it would be much easier if they are still in the boxes.

Out of curiosity, does Atwoods leave them in the boxes? Our closest one is about 30 minutes away so I want to load up on my next trip but it would be much easier if they are still in the boxes.

They do in Broken Arrow. Funny, though...I bought Muriatic Acid there for just over $3/gal a couple of weeks ago. Now, they won’t sell less than a case of four.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support