Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

Re: Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine - Gilbert AZ

In Rochester, NY at BJ's they are selling boxes containing 4 x 128 oz of 12.5% for $13.99. This works out to 21.9 cents / oz of Cl

They also sell 13.5 lb. resealable bags of Arm and Hammer baking soda for $5.99

It's been mentioned on here before, but A&M Corson's (which has various locations in east valley of Phoenix area) has the 4 refillable gallon jugs of HASA 12.5%. I just went and they have their Memorial Day flyers on the counter and it contains the by 3 get 1 free coupon for HASA. I paid was $11.99, so it's $2.99 a gallon (plus tax and the original $6 deposit for the jugs)

Coupon expires 7.15.17 so it's worth grabbing several of the coupons to have for next couple months. Also, they had package of 2 one gallon jugs of HASA 31.45% Muriatic Acid for 11.99. That's cheapest I've seen.

What brand and where in the store was it located?

Brand I'll have to get back to you on. Bottles were located outside. They also had algaecide of the same brand.

It was a sale price for $2.24, even the normal price was $2.99. I used a bottle today and after testing my water, FC levels were exactly what PoolMath said they would be. I was slightly worried they'd been left outside for months, but it doesn't look like that was the case, at least with my first bottle of it.

ETA: If you do buy them, make sure to tighten down the caps on ALL bottles. I had several tip over and leaked small amounts of chlorine in my car (luckily it's a beater) when I checked, every single bottle cap was not snugged down.

ETA2: The brand was "Pool Tech" Package says "Pool Tech Shock" on it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What brand and where in the store was it located?

I just raided my local Weiss market. I had to search the entire store for it and almost walked out before I found the Liquid Chlorine. Got 4 cases for $10 each for 12.5%. Date on the side looks like March of 2017. They had the single gallons for $3. I wish they carried it all the time !!

What city and state and where did you end up finding it?

Just raided my local Weis market in Lansdale PA too finding the Pool Tech Shock Liquid Cl. Unreal to find 12.5%. Single gallons were $3 as prev mentioned, BUT if you had their club card (which I didnt, but took me 2 mins to get one at the desk) the price was 2.24 a gallon. Filled the whole cart. Date was April.

Thank you to the OP for the suggestion!!!

I hope they continue to stock this summer. I will check Ollies too...

Austin's pool tech liquid shock 12.5% $2.24 /btl at Weis here in Harrisburg. August 2017 expiration date. Still worth getting?

The % now is likely less than 7%. Worse than that if stored hot/warm. I'd pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Our Menards had it for $3.49/gallon over Memorial Weekend :yawn: I'll have to check again today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support