Best hose nozzle for cleaning filter cartridges

Reactions: mnmpizza
Many use something like this

I use my pressure washer and stay 6-8 inches away from the pleats. Works well.

I second the pressure washer..I bought a small one off amazon several years back and it has an adjustable tip. It gets the junk out a regular hose won't plus it's saves time..Just have to be careful and not damage the filter

I use the 'as seen on TV' turbo jet.
https://www.amazon.com/Turbo-Power-..._1_2?keywords=Turbo+jet&qid=1582460865&sr=8-2

My house water pressure is awful so i use a hose bib on my sprinkler pump to get the force i need. I have used it at several other places with normal pressure and it worked great those times. What i specifically like about this model is that the spray fans out very thin. It has no problems getting in between the pleats when used vertically. And it doesn't have the power to harm the filter so you can get as close as you need without worry.

I also use something like the "turbo jet" above. One big advantage is that you can spray from inside the cartridge, driving debris out the way it lodged itself in. I rinse the outside first then force water from inside to outside. I find this dislodges more debris than outside cleaning alone and I think it delays the need to "deep clean" using detergents and/or acid bath.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.