Best filter for 18X48 coleman AGP

I'd suggest a 2600 gph or greater Intex with sand filter for your size pool. At least 14", if not a 16". There are other pumps and filters that are less expensive, but do check if they come with timers or not. You can't really go wrong with a nice big pump and filter, plus the sand filter is so much easier to deal with as opposed to the cartridge filters. Backwashing is a breeze compared to spraying out those stupid pleats.

Also, I just noticed something while checking out new ones at Amazon... I'd be very wary of the following if it can't be disabled. I believe it should be able to be disabled, but you will want to be 100% sure of this before you buy. Aeration will raise your pH. I think this negative ions thing is bs.

Hydro aeration technology is incorporated into the filter pump for improved circulation and filtration, improved water clarity and increased negative ions at the water surface.

I'd suggest a 2600 gph or greater Intex with sand filter for your size pool. At least 14", if not a 16". There are other pumps and filters that are less expensive, but do check if they come with timers or not. You can't really go wrong with a nice big pump and filter, plus the sand filter is so much easier to deal with as opposed to the cartridge filters. Backwashing is a breeze compared to spraying out those stupid pleats.

Also, I just noticed something while checking out new ones at Amazon... I'd be very wary of the following if it can't be disabled. I believe it should be able to be disabled, but you will want to be 100% sure of this before you buy. Aeration will raise your pH. I think this negative ions thing is bs.

Thanks for the information. I just picked up the 16" Intex sand filter it should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait!

• Love
Reactions: frogabog
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.