Best deal on Liquid Chlorine currently ? In PA...

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
Hey guys. I have a tiny bit of Algae to get rid of and am going to slam my pool. Anyone know a good deal on high percentage Chlorine ?
I was going to get the pool essentials it at Walmart for 4.63 a gallon just because I am not aware of anywhere else currently with a better deal.
My pool is still at around 65 degrees so not swimmable yet. (not for my family at least) :)

Great tip. How do you read the date on an individual gallon ? (vs the box it comes in)

There should be a date code printed on each bottle if they are sold individually or on the box if a boxed 2 pack or 3 pack.

Check out farming type stores, ones like Menards…..Rural King…..and so forth. Often they crush the large box stores. We purchased 4 gallons of 10% for right around $15 about a week ago from Rural King

Just bought some @ the same price from Walmart in North Central PA. Both on the box (6 gallons) and the individual bottles the labeling "22 110" appears. That would indicate the 110th day of 2022, or April 20, 2022. Relatively fresh. Keep it cool and dark and it will easily hold up all summer.

Good luck, and enjoy a great swim season.

I had my wife check Home Depot. It was a little cheaper, but what they had on display was about 1 1/2 month older. That's why I picked Wally. Probably not a huge difference in a short swim season like we get here- usually late May to mid-Sept. :unsure:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey guys. I have a tiny bit of Algae to get rid of and am going to slam my pool. Anyone know a good deal on high percentage Chlorine ?
I was going to get the pool essentials it at Walmart for 4.63 a gallon just because I am not aware of anywhere else currently with a better deal.
My pool is still at around 65 degrees so not swimmable yet. (not for my family at least) :)
Hey neighbor! Go to American Pools on 145 in Whitehall. They sell 5gal jugs of 12%. Think it's up to about $28, so may be a little more expensive than Walmart. But it's an easy in and out.

Reactions: Newdude
An FYI to anyone in the PA area--(or wherever they have a Redners) --they have 12.5% chlorine for 3.50 a gallon or 12 for a case. Not too shabby.
For real?? $3.50 for 12.5%!! I might have to make the 40 minute drive for that. Is that a regular price or is this like a sale price?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.