Best CYA product

Well that's a bummer. I have PM'd the owner.

You can use the TA from the store. It is used to determine the amount of acid to add to lower pH and is in a reasonable range.

Post up your results tomorrow.

Thanks, Mike and Robstar!

So I was all pumped up for an accurate test and to start SLAM process this morning. It is raining like crazy here right now.
1. If I were to do the test, would be accurate in this rain or should I wait until it settles down?
2. Same goes for the SLAM process.

But, while waiting for the rain to settle down maybe I can bring the pH down. It is at 7.8 now (yes, I sneaked in one test last night :)

This might delay my "clear pool dream" even more. But, as they say, "it is what it is." :)

Thanks for all the help and advise
Andy

- - - Updated - - -

Just sent you an email. Sorry about that. New R-0009 is on the way. Rebecca
Thanks! No sweat. Looks like that is not an immediate need anyways.

1) i'd go ahead and bring the pH down to 7.2 unless you happen to have really acidic rain; so what if you have to nudge it down a little more later? the chlorine will be a little more effective in the meantime.

2) i think testing in the rain is probably fine as long as a) you get your samples from at least elbow-deep in the water (which you should do anyway -- i fill the free leslie's water-sample squeeze bottle and squirt into tests from that), and b) it's not actually raining enough to significantly raise your water level (in my pool, 1cm is about 88gal, so that's less than 1% of my 10kgal total and even if you added 10% more water, that would only reduce the concentrations by 9% of their values -- that is, 10ppm would "drop" to 9.1ppm. Meh.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.