Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Moved from here.. Stenner Liquid Chlorine Chlorinator vs Salt Water Chlorine Generation

This was discussed in another thread. I think it is appropriate here also.

For a new pool build in Austin, TX area, we are thinking SWCG is a very good option. I read on another TFP thread that Lueder is a good option for SWCG. Our pool builder disagrees and recommends travertine.

Curious to hear thoughts from others.

Thanks,
Joey

Last edited:
You do not want a soft stone no matter what system you get. I would want to see any of the stone before I agreed to it coming to my pool. Both of those are natural stone so will have differences in each set depending on where it came from and how it was processed. Best to see exactly you are getting to make sure you like it.

Welcome to TFP Joey :)

There are many types of coping that will be just fine being used with a SWG... Your natural stones like travertine and lauder will both have "some issues" but exactly how much is the question... The stones with holes or depressions in them will have more issues than something that is completely flat... Your man made stones will have a much better chance and usually have no issues at all...

Here is a company :)

Welcome to TFP Joey :)

There are many types of coping that will be just fine being used with a SWG... Your natural stones like travertine and lauder will both have "some issues" but exactly how much is the question... The stones with holes or depressions in them will have more issues than something that is completely flat... Your man made stones will have a much better chance and usually have no issues at all...

Here is a company :)

what about pool decks that are concrete and had a treatment that makes the concrete have pits in it? I am guessing the issue is when the water collects in the depressions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.