Best coping for SWCG or Stenner

JoeyBagODonuts

Gold Supporter
Sep 29, 2020
Central Texas
Moved from here.. Stenner Liquid Chlorine Chlorinator vs Salt Water Chlorine Generation

This was discussed in another thread. I think it is appropriate here also.

For a new pool build in Austin, TX area, we are thinking SWCG is a very good option. I read on another TFP thread that Lueder is a good option for SWCG. Our pool builder disagrees and recommends travertine.

Curious to hear thoughts from others.

Thanks,
Joey

Last edited:

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
You do not want a soft stone no matter what system you get. I would want to see any of the stone before I agreed to it coming to my pool. Both of those are natural stone so will have differences in each set depending on where it came from and how it was processed. Best to see exactly you are getting to make sure you like it.

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
Welcome to TFP Joey :)

There are many types of coping that will be just fine being used with a SWG... Your natural stones like travertine and lauder will both have "some issues" but exactly how much is the question... The stones with holes or depressions in them will have more issues than something that is completely flat... Your man made stones will have a much better chance and usually have no issues at all...

Here is a company :)

Summoner12

Nov 16, 2015
Riverside, CA
Welcome to TFP Joey :)

There are many types of coping that will be just fine being used with a SWG... Your natural stones like travertine and lauder will both have "some issues" but exactly how much is the question... The stones with holes or depressions in them will have more issues than something that is completely flat... Your man made stones will have a much better chance and usually have no issues at all...

Here is a company :)

what about pool decks that are concrete and had a treatment that makes the concrete have pits in it? I am guessing the issue is when the water collects in the depressions?

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
That kind of finished is called salt finish. I would not do that for ANY kind of area. It hold water and dirt and gets dirty looking in all of the ones I have seen.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.