baquacil with CDX to chlorine

wildkatt

May 25, 2020
cleveland oh
Have been using baquacil w/ cdx for 5 yeras. For the first time, opened pool and cloudy white on Friday. Added startup chemicals, Vaccumed and ran filter for 48 hours, no help. I put in floc toda (Monday), need to wait 24 hours to see if helps, but read on line this condition almost impossible to clear up with Baquacil. So planning to convert to chlorine. 24 foot pool, about 15,ooo gallons. I live in Ohio, alot of rain in forcast. Questions: How much bleach should i have on hand to convert? Also since I'm at work during day, I cant check evry couple hours to keep it to the magic number of 15ppm. I will check in morning before I leave. How will this affect my conversion?? I'm so scared.

Have you read...

Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment. What type of filter do you have?

Welcome to the forum!
With CDX, the consensus is to do as large a drain and refill of the pool as you can. Once you tell us more about your pool we can guide you on that.

If you cannot be vacuuming to waste you should never be adding floc or clarifier.

Get a sump pump and hose and determine where you can drain to. Pump out leaving 18" or so of water and refill. That will help you tremendously.

Reactions: wildkatt

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Interseting. thank you. pool store guy recommended it, says ok with a cartridge filter but must remove and clean afterwards

Pool store guy would love to sell you another cartridge when your filter does not work well.

Reactions: wildkatt
i just went to store to check availability of bleach, doesn't seem like a problem, no limits and $3/gallon. I see another member here started of her conversion with the calcium hypochlorite shock, so i bought some of that as well, knowing I'll probably need at some point anyway. I'm am going to drain about half of water out of pool and refill before I begin. Should I start my conversion off with the shock, or just use bleach?

Just use bleach. The Cal Hypo is fine to use later but you do not need calcium in your water as you have a vinyl liner. If you use Cal Hypo, be very sure it is fully dissolved as it can stain your liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.