Baquacil to SWG with Frog Cycler Conversion

Well the 1st thing I realized is that my pool is not 13,500 gallons like the installer said. I always took their word for my pools capacity but I just went out and actually measured it (Length, Width, Depth) and found with the help of PoolMath that it's a 17,200 gallon pool. I updated my signature

I'm giddy with eagerness to see a pic of the first dump of chlorine in there. If you have significant Bacqua still in there it should turn all sorts of trippy colors. ?

Maybe she should add some additional bacqua first just to make better pictures for us. Besides, if she has any extra left over from last season it would be a shame to let it go to waste.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That GREATLY shocks me! You really must have had a fair amount of Baqua in the water over the Winter. I totally would have lost that bet as I'd suspect most would have disappeared by now.

Keep testing and dosing as frequently as possible. Make totally sure you're good on Reagents and liquid chlorine, and order more before you'd even think of running out.

It almost feels criminal to take a beautiful clear blue pool and do that to it.....but.... We know it will be even better, even clearer than before you started.

Keep it up! 15ppm is your goal..... whip that bacqua-goo into submission!! :whip:

Maddie :flower:

Am I doing this right? Using the TF-100 kit, I'm adding 10ml water pulled from a foot down under the waterline. I add a heaping scoop of the R-870 powder and put in on my speed stir and it turns pink like it says it should. I then start adding the R-0871 solution one drop at a time until it turns clear. In my case that's 6 drops. I then divide 6 drops by 2 so I calculate that my ppm is 3. Is that right?

This early in the conversion this large of a drop isn't surprising one bit. The breakdown of Baqua in many ways will consume chlorine almost right away. Keep adding as the more you can, the quicker it goes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.