Baquacil to SWG with Frog Cycler Conversion

pookiesunshine

Gold Supporter
May 12, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
Your TA is on the low side of the ideal range for a vinyl lined pool right now, so it won’t hurt to bring it up a little, but you don’t want to overshoot and bring it up too much. You can also bring up your pH without affecting your TA by aerating the water.

You can use the pool math app to see how much all of your parameters will be affected by different chemical additions.
I wouldn't worry about purposely RAISING TA just to get it to a range, I would focus on getting the pH right-without getting TA too high. Seems like pools tend to have their own favorite pH/TA levels. Last year mine was happy around pH 7.4 and TA 50.

Reactions: ssjody

ssjody

Gold Supporter
Apr 7, 2018
Union, KY
I wouldn't worry about purposely RAISING TA just to get it to a range, I would focus on getting the pH right-without getting TA too high. Seems like pools tend to have their own favorite pH/TA levels. Last year mine was happy around pH 7.4 and TA 50.
That falls in line with what I'm doing now. I've worked on getting getting my pH up today and finished installing my SWG. I did get my CYA level up to 60 and I added my salt today. Almost there!

ssjody

Gold Supporter
Apr 7, 2018
Union, KY
Well I'm all up and running and my numbers over the last few days have been looking really good. Thanks for all the help on this project and I'm going to wrap this one up huge shout out to all those who helped me through this process! You guys are awesome and to help support this wonderful group I've purchased the Gold membership.

I hope with what I've learned through this that I can pay if forward to someone who wants to tackle this same project in the future. Thanks again! Jody 🍻
IMG_0766.jpeg

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Look at the sparkle!!!! THAT is what it is all about!!! You are going to love how easy your pool will be to care for!!

Thanks for the support! Those servers get hungry!!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: ssjody