Baker Hydro Skimmer "Hydrofoil" Weir

TomTucker

Mar 23, 2019
St. Louis
Greetings poolheads; cheers to you all.

I've got Baker Hydro skimmers in an inground 25kgal. Heres the sales cutsheet.

Mine have this funky weir fitted that seems to be OEM (Baker Hydro part number printed on the back) but I can't find any reference to these weirs anywhere.
I actually pursued this with waterco/baker in GA last year (over the phone) and they had no idea, even with the official part number.

I removed the 3 silver screws screws however the plate seems to be stuck in place. I can only assume by the plaster.

I attached a screenshot from the datasheet which shows the 'normal' weir, located here on amazon.
It appears there are mounting holes for a normal weir if you look just past the plastic piece.
I actually have an off brand weir I hoped to install last year but didn't get done as I ran into these issues.

Anyone seen these weirs? I'm tempted to just dremmel it out but don't want to do anything stupid.

Appreciate any insights!

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190614_193937.jpg
    MVIMG_20190614_193937.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 28
  • MVIMG_20190614_193932.jpg
    MVIMG_20190614_193932.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 22
  • MVIMG_20190510_171709.jpg
    MVIMG_20190510_171709.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 30
  • bh_screenshot.png
    bh_screenshot.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 33
Tom,

Sorry, but I have not seen anything like what you have... :(

But I do have a couple of questions...

The weir in the sales sheet and the one from amazon look similar. But the one in your skimmer does not look the same at all? It almost looks homemade. :scratch:

What is wrong with the one that is in there now?

Thanks,

Jim R.

But the one in your skimmer does not look the same at all? It almost looks homemade. :scratch:
What is wrong with the one that is in there now?
Hi Jim,
Thank you for the reply.

Apologies for the confusion, I have two of these skimmers.
One is functional, but one weir is broken off at the bottom of the skimmer's throat (in a pinched metal fatigued fashion). I included photos of the working skimmer for identification.

I agree it does appear homemade. The official part number on the backside is the only clue it's not homemade.

I think it's a mystery for the ages...I'm still weeks out from opening, but I'm probably going to have to bit the bullet and just dremel it out of there. I'm so tired of only haveing 1 of 2 working skimmers / weirs!!

Tom,

Make more sense now..

Worst case, you can just use a universal spring-loaded skimmer weir door. I have two rent houses that had no weir doors and both of them have had the same universal weir doors for 8 to10 years and they work fine.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like Dremel time to me.. :mrgreen:

Jim R.

Last edited:
Could you use one of these? If you can get the weir door off you can use this as a replacement. I bought one trying to help an issue I had with my in floor cleaning. It did restrict the flow a little too much-however I was running 3000 RMP pulling from a single skimmer. I ended up installing it on my other skimmer and it seems to work well.

If you order one-call the manufacturer listed on the ad. He will sell it to you for half the price of amazon.

Attachments

• l_float.jpg
    l_float.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 6
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.