Backwash line

MelMc

May 18, 2019
NC
I switched my pool over to salt water last season and replaced skimmer line. The salt water is killing my grass and with the great new skimmer line pressure I’m flooding my neighbors yard. Was trying to dig a trench and use the landscaping rubber but it’s a struggle? Any suggestions?

Mel,

How often do you backwash??? Unless you have a tiny filter or backwash all the time, I can't see the grass dying... :scratch:

The only other option I can think of is adding a hose to the street.. Most likely against city requirements, but how often do you do it???

Can you run the hose to your sewer clean out??

Jim R.

Mel,

How often do you backwash??? Unless you have a tiny filter or backwash all the time, I can't see the grass dying... :scratch:

The only other option I can think of is adding a hose to the street.. Most likely against city requirements, but how often do you do it???

Can you run the hose to your sewer clean out??

Jim R.
Thanks for responding!
I typically only BW once a week unless it rains a bunch then it’s more. We went through 2 hurricanes last year and I had to dump so much water. There is a house to the side, house to the back and this is the neighbor I get water to. My line faces his yard.

Mel,

I assume you have a sand filter... I have two rent house pools with DE filters and I clean them twice a year and never backwash them.. I can't understand why you have to backwash once a week.. :scratch:

Jim R.

We have had 3 different salt pools in the last 10 years and backwashed into the grass and never had any discoloring or dying grass. Tennessee, Georgia and Indiana, all different grass types. However I only backwashed every couple weeks as needed, not on a regular weekly basis. Do you add anything other than Muriatic Acid and salt to your water? Maybe it’s a chemical reaction?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.