Backwash help

Mike_St

Jul 26, 2020
Houston, TX
Hello Community,

I'm trying to do a backwash on my pool system, and have watched several videos on YouTube.
I don't have a valve to turn and pull to open the backwash line (it's somehow connected to the sewer line).
The setup is a bit confusing to me, I'm not sure which valves to open/close to do a backwash (see attached picture).
I can post more pictures if needed.

Thank you, any help is very much appreciated!

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_6920.jpg
    IMG_6920.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 22
Hello Mike and welcome to TFP! :wave: So you have a multiport valve (MPV) just before the filter that allows you to change settings. After you vacuum or just over a few days' weeks when the filter pressure increases by 25% it's time to BACKWASH. You always turn off the pump before changing settings. You depress the handle and turn it to BACKWASH and run it that way until the water looks clear coming out of the waste line if you are able to see it. Once you are done backwashing, turn off the pump and change the MPV to RINSE and let that run until the sight glass is clear. Maybe another 20 seconds after that to be safe. Then go back to FILTER (pump off first) and you should be set.

Hope that helps. Don't forget to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info to include your test kit. Have a good day.

Mike,

I suggest that you put the 6 lbs of DE in an empty 5 gallon bucket.. Then fill the bucket with water.. You be amazed at the amount of water you can still get in the bucket.. Stir it up into a slurry and then slowly pour the slurry into the skimmer.. This works so much better than trying to dump dry DE into the skimmer.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Mike,

I suggest that you put the 6 lbs of DE in an empty 5 gallon bucket.. Then fill the bucket with water.. You be amazed at the amount of water you can still get in the bucket.. Stir it up into a slurry and then slowly pour the slurry into the skimmer.. This works so much better than trying to dump dry DE into the skimmer.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you Jim!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.