AutoPilot - Low Amps at times

king908

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2013
Hey all, Been a long time since I posted here, love the community, helped me so much many years ago.

Have an Autopilot with a RC-52 ( PC-4 I think now ). Bought it 8 years ago and installed.
Yesterday I get a message saying Check Cell, before yesterday, Volts and Amps were perfect.
Running on Power Level 1 forever.
I took the cell off, and plates look clean and fine, but did a muriatic acid cleanse just in case.
Salt is at 3600ppm water temp approx 78-79.
When powering off unit, and back on after checking fuses and spider-webs out. I get 30V and 1 amp.
Then turn off again and on, 0V and .6amp. (only saw this one time )
Left the unit off last night, and today when testing with Boost, I am at 24V and 5A.
Lower the power, and Amps go to 4.6 or so.
Not sure if having an issue with the control system or the cell possibly flaking out at times. Any ideas on how to test further?
Left it today on Boost24 to see what happens.

Thanks Marty, I did read that, and hoping its just a depleted cell, but I bought a bigger cell than needed and didn't usually go above 25-40% on power on level 1.
Anyone ever try the Aftermarket Cells that have the 5 year warranty vs the Autopilot Factory Cells? Few hundred dollars in cost savings.

Biggest issue with after market cells, especially now, is how much rare earth material they have coating the plates. The price of those minerals has skyrocketed, causing SWCG prices to follow suit. If you get from a long established, reputable after market seller, should be OK. But be ware of cheap cells on Amazon or eBay.

Pertaining to the aftermarket cell with a 5 year warranty be sure to Google the name of the company and you’ll see that they are riddled with problems. These are “CompuPool” cells rebranded. When you Google “CompuPool USA” there offices closed years ago. There are hundreds of bad reviews pertaining to this seller/brand.

Pertaining to the aftermarket cell with a 5 year warranty be sure to Google the name of the company and you’ll see that they are riddled with problems. These are “CompuPool” cells rebranded. When you Google “CompuPool USA” there offices closed years ago. There are hundreds of bad reviews pertaining to this seller/brand.
Thank you. Will just stick to OEM. Odd part is after sitting off last night it’s working fine today. Wonder if the cord is going bad. Cell looks good no edges worn. Just random discoloration on the plates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.