Automation

H,

It really depends on what equipment you have..

If you have a single speed pump, then both the pump and the salt cell should be controlled by the pump/filter relay.

If you have a variable speed pump, the pump should have constant AC power (no relay involved) and the salt cell should be controlled by the pump/filter relay.

It can take up to 30 seconds or so for the lights on the cell to go out.

Tell us what equipment you have and show us a couple of pics of the IntelliCenter wiring.

As a side note, there is almost never a reason to manually turn the pump on and off. The pump should be running on a schedule. If you want to interrupt the schedule for maintenance, then you should put the system into the service mode.

Thanks,

Jim R.

H,

It really depends on what equipment you have..

If you have a single speed pump, then both the pump and the salt cell should be controlled by the pump/filter relay.

If you have a variable speed pump, the pump should have constant AC power (no relay involved) and the salt cell should be controlled by the pump/filter relay.

It can take up to 30 seconds or so for the lights on the cell to go out.

Tell us what equipment you have and show us a couple of pics of the IntelliCenter wiring.

As a side note, there is almost never a reason to manually turn the pump on and off. The pump should be running on a schedule. If you want to interrupt the schedule for maintenance, then you should put the system into the service mode.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hey thank you for you reply I have an intelliflow vsf pump the salt generator is on the filter pump relay the pump has constant power but when I power off the pump the salt generator relay does not power off

Hem,

Welcome to TFP! Exactly how is this wired? Sounds like the pump is powered by the panel and the swg is not on the same relay inside the Intellicenter relay section.

Chris

H,

Show us some pics of the wiring going to the Pump/Filter relay...

Either it is wired wrong or you don't have the Pump/Filter relay plugged into the right connection on the main board.

How are you shutting off the pump?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hem,

Welcome to TFP! Exactly how is this wired? Sounds like the pump is powered by the panel and the swg is not on the same relay inside the Intellicenter relay section.

Chris
Hi the data cable from the pump is connected to the intellicenter and that what turns on and off the pump from the touch pad when I hit the pool icon .the pump main power is connected to a breaker in the intellicenter the salt generator is connect to the filter relay

Hi the data cable from the pump is connected to the intellicenter and that what turns on and off the pump from the touch pad when I hit the pool icon .the pump main power is connected to a breaker in the intellicenter the salt generator is connect to the filter relay
Hen,

Something's definitely not wired right. We need to see how it's wired and what you equipment you have. There are different ways to hook up the system depending on what pump model, and what brand/model swg. None of the correct ways to wire will allow the swg to run with no pump flow. Can you please post a photo of the wiring if you are comfortable removing the panel cover? Just to be safe I'll say make sure all power is interrupted to to the panel before you remove the cover. I'm certain Jim will quickly figure this out since he's our automation expert and also very knowledgeable about Pentair pumps.

Thanks.

Chris

When hitting the pool icon to off isn't the pool pump and salt generator should be powering off together
Hen,

Something's definitely not wired right. We need to see how it's wired and what you equipment you have. There are different ways to hook up the system depending on what pump model, and what brand/model swg. None of the correct ways to wire will allow the swg to run with no pump flow. Can you please post a photo of the wiring if you are comfortable removing the panel cover? Just to be safe I'll say make sure all power is interrupted to to the panel before you remove the cover. I'm certain Jim will quickly figure this out since he's our automation expert and also very knowledgeable about Pentair pumps.

Thanks.

Chris
Thank you guys so much for help I will sen the pictures for review

H,

With the cell and pump on, just put the system into the Service mode and see what happens.. The pump should shut off, and all the lights on the cell should go off.

If that does not happen, then something is wrong. In the Service mode all programming is off, so it has to be a wiring or connection issue of some kind.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
H,

With the cell and pump on, just put the system into the Service mode and see what happens.. The pump should shut off, and all the lights on the cell should go off.

If that does not happen, then something is wrong. In the Service mode all programming is off, so it has to be a wiring or connection issue of some kind.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Ok I will try that and let you know thanks for your time for responding to my question

H,

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hey Jim I hit service mode and both unit power off pump and salt generator so I rebooted the system and it working perfectly good now when I hit the pool to off both equipment power off thank you for time I have a next issue with an intellitouch the pool heater is not coming on through the rs 485 mode what advice you have to offer

H,

How do you have the heater connected to your EasyTouch?

To use the RS-485, you have to have the com port of the heater connected to the com port of the EasyTouch

To use heater's Fireman's loop, you would have to connect the loop to the heater connection on the EasyTouch

I don't know for sure, but I doubt you can have them both connected at the same time.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I know having both the RS-485 and the fireman's switch connected from my MasterTemp to my Intellicenter was no problem. I would suspect it would be the same on the EasyTouch.

I removed the fireman's switch wiring, once I realized it was not required with the RS-485 communication.

--Jeff

I don't think your assumption is incorrect. I think the control panel still activates the fireman's switch contacts regardless of if a RS-485 heater is connected. I don't think Pentair has it programmed as an either/or scenario.

When I removed the fireman's switch wiring, I made sure to jumper the contacts in the heater.

--Jeff

Reactions: Jimrahbe
H,

How do you have the heater connected to your EasyTouch?

To use the RS-485, you have to have the com port of the heater connected to the com port of the EasyTouch

To use heater's Fireman's loop, you would have to connect the loop to the heater connection on the EasyTouch

I don't know for sure, but I doubt you can have them both connected at the same time.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Its connected to the intellitouch comport

I, unfortunately, also do not have a heat pump. I am running a MasterTemp gas heater.

Let's see if we can get somewhere though. I am going to call @Zaffor, as I know he has an UltraTemp. Maybe he can shed some light on if there are any indications the panel and the heat pump are communicating.

Its connected to the intellitouch comport
I am assuming that this is the comm port on the UltraTemp, that you are mention above? Can you confirm you are wired to pins 2 (green) and 3 (yellow)?

Also confirm that you are terminated on the Intellicenter RS-485 bus to a green/yellow connection there. Should be similar to where your pump is connected.

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.