Automation for Pentair?

RichTJ99

Gold Supporter
Sep 16, 2016
Katonah NY
Hi,

My brother had a pool put in last summer and skipped on the automation portion. He has a Pentair Inteliflo VSF (011056), a Pentair LA-MAS05 pool cleaning booster pump, Raypak heater, and a Pentair IC40 salt generator.

I have a Jandy Aqualink RS4 (from 2014) for my place & am still very happy with it.

Im not sure if I can just get him the Jandy Aqualink - only because I am familiar with it - or if there is something better to get from Pentair? He is doing lights with Lutron.

It is a stand alone pool. Ideally he would like to use his phone to:

1. Turn Pool Pump on/off on schedule or on demand (change speeds, etc)
2. Turn heat on/off on schedule or on demand.
3. Turn pool cleaner on schedule or on demand.

I dont know anything about salt but presumably he can use the automation to handle that also?

Is there something you can recommend?

Thanks,
Rich

Rich,

I would vote for the EasyTouch and ScreenLogic, or the newer IntelliCenter.

I would never recommend the IntelliConnect. I learned a long time ago that you can buy a cheap tool, and cry every time you use it, or buy a better tool and only cry once, when you buy it.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

While the Jandy iAquaLink can do the 3 things he wishes to control/schedule it will NOT interface with the saltwater chlorine generator. He would be better served to purchase a Pentair automation. The base unit is an IntelliTouch or EasyTouch system and he would need ScreenLogic software with each to use his phone and program from PC.
See the link

A quick google shows:

Is the difference between these two - one can do 5 relays, one can do 8?

521904 - Pentair IntelliCenter System i8PS, Wireless Kit, Common Load Center (no Salt) -- Model Code: 8PS
521907 - Pentair IntelliCenter System i5PS, Wireless Kit, Common Load Center (no Salt) -- Model Code: 5PS

Is this all he would need - I am making the assumption that since he already has the salt, he should have a no salt model.
Relays:
1. Pump, 2. Heater. 3. Booster. 4. Salt 5. Spare?

Do i need to purchase EasyTouch and ScreenLogic separately in addition to Intellicenter?

Thanks!

EasyTouch+ screen logic is a separate system from IntelliCenter..

All he needs is 2 relays - filter/pump and cleaner pump. Heater and SWG do not use relays.

He needs an IntelliCenter without the Load Center unless he intends to do a complete electrical redo.

PS indicates Pool/Spa bundle which he doesn’t need. He needs a Pool only system.

You need to configure a pool only non-load center IntelliCenter from the individual modular components.

Pentair has a better list of the IntelliCenter modules but I can only find this right now…

See page 3 A La Cart Ordering…

522044 Power Center (without Salt Chlorine Generator support)
521909 IntelliCenter Personality Kit i5P
522475Z Wi-Fi Antenna (primary client bridge)

Although the 523448 IntelliCenter System (Load Center with i5P Personality Kit) bundle may be more available.

Installing it will require some electrical rewiring

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would never recommend the IntelliConnect. I learned a long time ago that you can buy a cheap tool, and cry every time you use it, or buy a better tool and only cry once, when you buy it.. :mrgreen:
I have an Intelliconnnect and for what i need it works fine. No issues at all. Gives me access to the intelliflow and IC40 through the home app. Heater add on should be fine. I don't use it for lighting (though i could with the aux contacts).
If all you want to do i change the SWG and pump speed settings and schedule it's a good, inexpensive option.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.