Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hi All,
The leak in the pool was fixed and my salinity is stable and PH is slowly rising over the course of a week (7.2-7.8) . Looking now to find a relatively inexpensive inline way to control PH

I don't really want a full blown automatic tester etc so much as a manual inline method of controlling PH (akin to a SWG). With the leak fixed, the chemistry is stable enough for me to manually adjust and test and then find a seasonal balance. CO2 systems seem ideal but $$$$$$

Thanks!

Bob,

How often do you have to add MA?

What is your TA?

Where are you trying to keep your pH?

I have seriously thought about adding an acid pump of some type, but in my case, I really only have to add a few ounces of acid about once a week. So, it does not make much financial sense.

I have found that once my TA got down to 50 or 60, I just don't seem to have much of a pH problem at all.

I do tend to keep my pH between 7.5 and 7.8.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Mdragger88
See post below for Stenner pump and tank for sale.

Hi Jim- My TA is 60. I have to add I would say add about 16oz of MA a week- I don't measure just know that 1 galloon lasts about 2 months
Hi Guinness- thanks for the link/sale i will look into it

Hi Guinness- thanks for the link/sale i will look into it
I have no dog in this hunt, but the stenner solution is a good one. You will need to do normal maintenance (clean it out, replace lines) as salts will accumulate, but it is not bad and the stenners work well.

Bob,

I agree with PoolStored..

If I were to buy an Acid feeder, it would be a Stenner.

That said, how much effort is dumping in 16 oz of MA once a week?

What I want is something that empties my skimmer baskets each week.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

• Haha
Reactions: guinness
16oz of 31.45% MA each week in an 8300 gallon pool with a TA of 60. In Florida so assume little or no fill water being used.

Hard to believe, but it is your pool.

Hi Al,l
Appreciate the input I will look into the Stenner and see if the juice is worth the squeeze to install.

thanks!

I have Pentair’s IntelliPH (basically a stenner pump). It’s usually sold with IntelliChem, but you don’t need it. I just bought IntelliPH, and am happy with it. It’s likely more money than a Stenner, but more plug and play. Might be worth looking into, but might not be worth the extra $ over a more DIY option.

Thanks. PH went from 7.2 to 7.4 in 3 days. Thus jives with what I posted I normally let it go to 7.8 before adding about 16 oz of MA to take it back down to 7.2. I want it lower so that the chances of the staining is limites

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.