Austin, TX - Above Ground Salt Water Pool in Canyon - Construction Started 09/30/19

It's full, I got the skimmers open. The filter won't get DE charged until Monday, but I was able to scrub the pool, and my 4.5 year old absolutely loved the splash pad and bubblers.

I took some pictures slightly before and at fill level. We're expecting an inch tomorrow so I probably underfilled it by 1/2 an inch or so. I had some fun with the iPhone's night mode as well. This pool during a sunset is going to be pretty spectacular!!!

Just as the water hit the waterline tile/glass:

Pool main drains on and spa returns on, creates a water fall, you can see the ripples:
2020-04-10_18-18-38.jpg

Water at just the waterline, about 2-3" below top height, starting to see some cool reflections:
2020-04-10_18-50-33.jpg

Almost full, sunset reflections:
2020-04-10_19-27-51.jpg2020-04-10_19-27-59.jpg

2020-04-10_19-39-32.jpg

Gorgeous night in Austin, TX, amplified by the mirror:
2020-04-10_19-46-39.jpg

iPhone night mode and full (probably still 1/2" low but we've got rain coming):
2020-04-10_20-29-03.jpg

Night mode shot looking back at main decks. I don't have the pool lights wired to the sub yet, but I can't wait for that:
2020-04-10_20-29-27.jpg

Wow, that looks great. This has been on of my favorite build threads. Pretty view, great layout, and unique build.
Now you just a few pics of you all enjoying it to top it off.

Wow, that looks great. This has been on of my favorite build threads. Pretty view, great layout, and unique build.
Now you just a few pics of you all enjoying it to top it off.

Thanks, tomorrow the weather will be nice, I think we'll have some fun with the kid on the splash pad. I may venture to take a brief swim tomorrow, but it's probably too cold for the kid and misses; the splash pad with the bubblers is a lot of fun!

Reactions: Belikin
Rough block-off of my kitchen. It'll have the same travertine surround as our foutains have. The top is granite (picture attached). I went with all Lion BBQ gear, from left to right:

NG Grill with 33" double door underneath, gas top burner with 16" double drawer beneath, 33" double door, outdoor fridge, 25" sink with 22" door underneath, pull out trash drawer. One goal was to reduce traffic in the middle where the TV will be hung!

20200415_130150749_iOS.jpg

Granite top:
IMG_0016.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mastervic27
LOVE the top you picked! the colors and movement look are so pretty!!

So where will the sink drain to?

Kim:kim:

It'll run against the backwall of the cinderblock in a cavity and tap into the main sewer line which exists just to the left of everything. Steps and landscaping are occuring over there so it won't be visible where it exits. If you recall from the very early build, you can see where we moved the sewer line. There will also be a garbage disposal on that sink setup :)

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's crazy how as the sun moves from overhead to sunset, the pool changes from this crystal carribean color to a darker blue (like Tahoe). So many personalities, it's super cool!

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Who's the SOB sitting on MY BAR STOOL!!! I like that you added an umbrella so I don't burn. ;)

Are there going to be firepits/pots or something? I see capped off PVC but not really sure what that's going to be for.

PS your pool looks awesome++++

Who's the SOB sitting on MY BAR STOOL!!! I like that you added an umbrella so I don't burn. ;)

Are there going to be firepits/pots or something? I see capped off PVC but not really sure what that's going to be for.

PS your pool looks awesome++++

I thought of you while I took that shot!

The capper PVC is for when my concrete bowl fountains arrive. They’re ordered but for some reason are delayed.

I have a fire table on my upper deck I’m debating bringing down. It’s so hot in Texas we don’t use it much.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.