Austin, TX - Above Ground Salt Water Pool in Canyon - Construction Started 09/30/19

Hopefully you have your hoses ready and anxiously waiting for the acid wash crew to come. Our crew added 1 hose, then I added a second to the deep end once the water was a foot or so deep. About the time the water is up to the returns in the pool, consider moving 1 hose to the spa to fill that (but not overflow it) since water can come out of the spa returns and cause staining. Good luck, we will be waiting for pics.

Hopefully you have your hoses ready and anxiously waiting for the acid wash crew to come. Our crew added 1 hose, then I added a second to the deep end once the water was a foot or so deep. About the time the water is up to the returns in the pool, consider moving 1 hose to the spa to fill that (but not overflow it) since water can come out of the spa returns and cause staining. Good luck, we will be waiting for pics.

They're almost done acid washing. Unfortunately, given the location of the pool and the size of my home, there's only one hose accessible. I'd need a 200+ foot hose to work another hose in :(

Exciting. I would ask the installers for advice on when to start filling the spa. You dont want the spa jets to leak water, but you dont want to stop the pool water fill as you risk a ring where you stop.

Can't wait to see pictures!

Exciting. I would ask the installers for advice on when to start filling the spa. You dont want the spa jets to leak water, but you dont want to stop the pool water fill as you risk a ring where you stop.

Can't wait to see pictures!

Good news, I had a brain fart and realized I had a hose on my upper deck, so I was able to use that. Both spa and pool are filling now. Pics in next post:

Exciting. Are you supposed to move the spa hose into the deep end once the spa water hits the tile? I wouldnt think you want it to overflow onto your tanning ledge until that has water on it.

Exciting. Are you supposed to move the spa hose into the deep end once the spa water hits the tile? I wouldnt think you want it to overflow onto your tanning ledge until that has water on it.

Yes, I've been keeping an eye on it, the spa is probably <1 hour away from being full, then I'll drop the hose in the pool. My PB is still here working on things so he's monitoring it as well. Looks like it's going to rain soon too.

For those who wonder, I expect this to be 30,000 gallons. The way our water metering works, I expect this fill to cost $370.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hows it looking? Hopefully you almost have all of the stairs covered and are inching towards the tanning ledge. On mine, the last foot seemed to take forever. You may be in for a long night, but its so worth it!

Hows it looking? Hopefully you almost have all of the stairs covered and are inching towards the tanning ledge. On mine, the last foot seemed to take forever. You may be in for a long night, but its so worth it!

I expect that optimistically by end of day light tomorrow or shortly thereafter I'll be full. It could take more time, but if I'm guessing, I'd say tomorrow night. We've had some good downpours tonight as well, but when sun last fell, the water had reached the shallow end and was probably a couple inches deep in the shallow side. My deep end is 6' and shallow is 4', however, in reality I think my deep end is probably closer to 6'3" as it slightly rises back at the far end.

Now that the entire pool is covered, it'll raise slower, so if that 2-2.5' took 8 hours, the next 2' will take considerably more since we're covering the entire volume of pool now. Similarly, once we hit the tanning ledge, that last 9" will add even more.

You can count on me giving a fill update at dawn!

At 8am CDT, I took the following shots. I don't recall precisely when we threw the hose in, but based on the metadata of yesterday's photos it was right around 12pm. So effectively, this is after 20 hours. I filled the spa in about 3 hours with one hose, then added that hose into the main pool. So call it, 17 hours on dual hose + 3 hours on single hose:

2020-04-10_08-10-30.jpg
2020-04-10_08-10-45.jpg
2020-04-10_08-11-20.jpg

Reactions: mastervic27
Looking good. I would be nervous about the hose going across your tanning ledge leaving a mark, so you may keep an eye on that.

Hopefully get you it full by this afternoon, right before all of the free water falls from the sky this weekend. :)

Looking good. I would be nervous about the hose going across your tanning ledge leaving a mark, so you may keep an eye on that.

Hopefully get you it full by this afternoon, right before all of the free water falls from the sky this weekend. :)

My PB did that but wondered the same. I was able to move it. It looked fine. There was some sand (picked up from the deck) under it, but that washed off. Now both hoses are running into the deep end over the coping.

I filled the spa only up to the waterline in anticipation of the rain. We got probably 1/2” last night and it’s slightly above the waterline tile now. I’ll do the same with the pool and see how much a difference rain makes.

That looks awesome. What color is that? Ours was Blue Surf and looked similar when we filled up. After a few days the green water color turned blue.

Once you get it all fired up I'll send you my adoption papers.

S
That looks awesome. What color is that? Ours was Blue Surf and looked similar when we filled up. After a few days the green water color turned blue.

Once you get it all fired up I'll send you my adoption papers.
StoneScapes Tahoe Blue. Yes I expect it’ll be more blue as the chemicals come in and the plaster is brushed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.