Austin, TX - Above Ground Salt Water Pool in Canyon - Construction Started 09/30/19

Pool_Medic

In The Industry
Apr 1, 2018
Bangor Maine
đŸ˜‚. That’s ok, I know roughly the costs, just curious to see if you were brave enough to let everyone know lol. I’m always amazed when people really get into it and design masterpieces. Looking forward to the final pics, I hope you’re doing a collage in an album of start to finish. Good on you!

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
No price can really be put on the memories you will be building with your family. To have a place where your child wants to be and where they bring their friends to hang out is priceless!!!

Reactions: DB-Cooper

DB-Cooper

Jun 18, 2019
Austin, TX
It was a quiet week, we had a few days of storms and that delayed the Gunite. The plumbers came back a couple of times to do some small work. Here's a shot of the main plumbing all coming together:

10/28:
2019-10-28_17-36-32.jpg

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Make sure to take a pick, print it out, and label all of those pipes. I hope you will never need this pic but you will thank me if you ever need to find just one pipe!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: jtburf

HeyEng

Silver Supporter
Nov 7, 2018
Oklahoma City, OK
Don't feel bad on the price. Our neighbor just finished their "Epic" pool and just from the guestimates on the pulled permits, they are spending just about as much (if not more) as the house by itself is worth. If they were to sell, they would take a huge hit on the pool, but they say they are in for the long haul and not concerned about resell cost.

Last edited:

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
NICE! Is there anyone home that can water the shell? This helps it cure slower. You can set up some spinklers to help with the job.

It is time for YOUR set of links!

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim: