Seminole Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
New pool build here started up in Feb-March picked up the Taylor test kit from the site. Love it learned how to get the pool perfect with it. I still take a sample once a month to my local pool supply shop to keep my Pebble-tec warranty happy.
So I normally run my SWG at 30-40% and that has kept the pool at about 4-5 PPM fc, with water temps in low to mid 80's. We had a large group in the pool last weekend and the water temp has crept up to high 80's to 90. When i checked the chemistry a couple days later I noticed FC was down to 1 ppm. I decided to bump up the SWG to 50% until I get a better understanding of the pools daily needs.
Are these summer changes normal?

Yes. More UV, more use, etc.
When you have an event with more pool use, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine before the event. Then check right after and add more liquid chlorine to be sure you are in Target range. The SWCG maintains FC for normal operations. Use liquid chlorine to manage single events.

Reactions: Skiddy
Had that very thing happen to me last week. On top of that, with lots of rain/overflow, I found my salt and CYA levels to be much lower which only added to the stress on my water. Chlorine is your friend ....... except at the checkout. :)

Reactions: Skiddy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.