Aquarite T-15 zero salt reading

Northernri

Jul 1, 2019
Rhode Island
Hi, I’m new to the forum and am hoping for some advice. My Aquarite salt reading sometimes works properly, but then will suddenly show zero as its instant reading and eventually stop generating. Then it will randomly show the proper current amount of salt again (3000 or so) as the instant reading again for a number of hours and generate for a while before going back to zero. The temperature reads properly, but twice the unit has switched to metric without any action on my part, although that is easy enough to reset. I have reset the box, restarted the power, cleaned the cell, etc. one time I tapped the cell housing gently and the salt reading started working again, but this only worked once. Many thanks for your input. Current diagnostic readings are:
86P
AL-0
R. 1.59
T-15

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP! :wave: SWGs can often time show an incorrect salt reading. It's always best to test the salt yourself with a proper salt test kit like THIS ONE from TFTestkits.net. Also make sure to use a TF-100 test kit (or Taylor K-2006C) to check all other water test areas. The numbers you posted above don't really make sense I'm afraid. When you do post your results, please post them as follows:

FC
CC
CYA
PH
TA
CH

Make sure to visit our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and let us know how else we can help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.