AquaRite Salt reading low, check salt & inspect cell flashing

mizzyoms

Aug 28, 2023
Norwell, MA

Hayward - W3AQR9 AquaRite Complete Salt System for Pools up to 25,000 Gallons​

Hello. I converted to a new salt system last season and everything is brand new. Just recently, my Hayward AquaRite panel started to have some issues. The first issue was that the flow light was solid, so after some general troubleshooting I opted to replace the flow sensor. That resolved the flow light issue.
My current issue is that the salt readings have been wildly inconsistent and generally reading low. The Check Salt and Inspect Cell lights are flashing. I have detached and cleaned the cell (T-940 salt cell) with acid/water mix and cleaned thoroughly (even though there was no scaling or real need to clean it). I have attempted to re-calibrate the Salt PPM on the panel per the Hayward instructions, but that only lasts for a few hours until the next pump cycle and eventually the symptoms reappear. The salt readings have varied from 1200-2400, and its always different, which is very strange. I have a digital salt water tester and I have been using that as a baseline to test the salt levels. I am at a loss on how to get past this and could use some help. Thanks!

Here are my current stats:
Manual Digitial Salt PPM reading - 2870
AquaRite Panel:
Salt PPM - 2400
Pool Temperature - 74
Cell Voltage - 26.3 volts
Cell Current - 6.25 amps
Desired Output % - 61p
Instant Salinity -3300
Product Name - AL-0
Software Revision Level - r1.59
Chlorinator Cell Type -T-15

Pool size is kidney shape 16/32, roughly 20k gallons.

Ty

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
Does your SWCG system completely power off when the pump is not running?

Not powering off can mess with the Average Salinity being used. Should be OK if your flow switch is working. But NEVER rely on the flow switch as your primary safety device. A SWCG can explode if left generating with out water flow through it.

Hi Marty, thanks for the advice. Apologies for the delayed response. I was not aware that the SWCG hump should be facing down. It was installed facing up, so that is how it has been for the duration of its usage. I just flipped it to be hump down and re-calibrated. I'll check back in after it has run for a day to see if that helped. Thanks again!

Silly question... what is the "hump"? Trying to determine if that is our issue also.
They are referring to the shape of the cell itself. If you look in my signature you'll see my RJ-45 install and can see how the cell is not a straight cylinder, but has what we call a "hump" portion that should be faced down during installation. This helps to ensure the cell plates remain submerged in water at low rpms.

They are referring to the shape of the cell itself. If you look in my signature you'll see my RJ-45 install and can see how the cell is not a straight cylinder, but has what we call a "hump" portion that should be faced down during installation. This helps to ensure the cell plates remain submerged in water at low rpms.
What is your opinion of the Circupool salt systems?Are they better than Aquarite or Intellichlor in your experiences?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.